All of Rodocops GBZ's in one place

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
rodocop

Re: All of Rodocops GBZ's in one place

Post by rodocop » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Vineheart01 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:39 pm
Ironic, this is one of the things that convinced me to finally buy a 3D printer. Wanted one for a long time, couldnt find a good one.
Course the first one i bought was a POS (M3D Micro+ 3D printer) and complete waste of money....i bought a DIY Tevo Turrantula im waiting on shipping now. Its got a ton of really good reviews for a sub300USD printer only needing minor modifications. Course i dont actually HAVE it yet so i cant vouch for said reviews yet lol. Majority of the "modifications" are literally "Print this bracket and attach it"
Main thing keeping me from stretching my electronic knowledge outside of work is lack of proper casings. 3D printer fixes that for sure :)

I might sell my first one once i refit it a bit to atleast get my money back and make a much improved one for myself. Might. I have pretty low standards personally for things i keep (though oddly high standards for things i sell) so dunno if i can refit this one to be good enough lol. Its...a mess right now...

Out of curiosity, how much did these run you? I factored mine to cost me about 150USD in parts (though lot of adafruit stuff in there)
I have the same printer sitting in a box at home (Tevo Tarantuala), gift got it as a surprise birthday gift the other day!

As for cost, around 150 usd is probably close, I'm in Canada, and they seems to be around 200ish, but I really haven't been keeping track of the exact cost. Plus a lot of the small parts I bought in bulk and have not had to buy again....

Vineheart01

Post by Vineheart01 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:56 am

question: how are the L/R buttons feeling to ya for the #6 design?

i'm trying to find a better way to do LR buttons that isnt just the long momentary switch sticking out through the screw holes in the middle of the gameboy. I find them to be in an odd spot and clunky to use.
Also want to avoid modeling proper triggers because that would add about half an inch to the back of the gameboy's thickness to house that properly (so theyre being pressed down like normal shoulder buttons rather than towards you into the shell)

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:38 am

Vineheart01 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:56 am

i'm trying to find a better way to do LR buttons that isnt just the long momentary switch sticking out through the screw holes in the middle of the gameboy. I find them to be in an odd spot and clunky to use.
Also want to avoid modeling proper triggers because that would add about half an inch to the back of the gameboy's thickness to house that properly (so theyre being pressed down like normal shoulder buttons rather than towards you into the shell)
I find them pretty comfortable, and with the 3d printed bracket they are very easy to install and use. I will likely use them something like that in my next gameboy as well.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:40 am

rodocop wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:38 am
Vineheart01 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:56 am

I find them pretty comfortable, and with the 3d printed bracket they are very easy to install and use. I will likely use them something like that in my next gameboy as well.
Wait... what ? you're gonna make another one ? :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:
Follow me on instagram Image

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:45 am

YaYa wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:40 am
Wait... what ? you're gonna make another one ? :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:
Waiting on parts for two more apparently :D (you can see the clear shell #8 with your stickers will be started soon)....they just keep coming, I think one of the next two I will keep for myself finally.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:08 am

Great builds. I've seen a few, but putting them all in one spot really helps haha looks like there were a few I missed
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:59 am

i've updated the first post with my plans for my next builds. I have bought all the parts so now it's just a waiting game, these ones are gonna be pretty nice i'm thinking.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:36 pm

Don’t forget to use my 3D part as a support for the DC barrel and the power switch :idea:

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:53 pm

YaYa wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:36 pm
Don’t forget to use my 3D part as a support for the DC barrel and the power switch :idea:
I will need to use one, thanks for reminding that you had one!

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:56 pm

If you want the source file to edit and fit your needs ? Mine is designed for a specific model bought from ali (link on my thread)