DirtyBeagles Build/Progress GBZ (Completed)

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
Kilren

Re: DirtyBeagles Build/Progress

Post by Kilren » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:29 pm

dirtybeagles wrote:
MaKro wrote:Any updates?
No, before going that route, I ordered a adafruit mono amp to test that first. Also, another forum user Kilren also has the same amp I do and he will be testing his in the next 2 days so I am waiting for his results as well.
So I had static interference at 100% volume, but at >80% it was crystal clear. I did do a few things different though. I put the amp immediately behind the usb card and used ethernet wire. I burnt out my pot though before perfecting it, and will be getting a breadboard and another pot tonight. Will keep it touch. Check your PM.

Edit: Static interference isn't the best description. I think I was dealing with audio distortion.

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:21 am

Kilren wrote:Edit: Static interference isn't the best description. I think I was dealing with audio distortion.
Someone mentioned to use shielded audio wire to maybe help with the distortion? I have not tried this yet but I may.

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:54 am

I have some updates on my build coming soon. Sorry for the delay but I have been busy getting my project problems corrected and fixing some annoyances. :roll:

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:24 am

Here is some updated pictures of my project. It is almost 100% completed, just have a few house keeping items to take care of. One of which is a mounting bracket to help close the case that Cannikin created. Because i am using a larger display (the VGA screen) it takes up a bit more room so I cannot install the Wermy mounting bracket.

Here is the inside of my case with everything put together. I used Popcorn's suggestion on Polyimide Film Tape to help with heat not damaging parts. It also is helpful so you do not have to stick glue all over the place. Keeps cables out of the way too.
GBZ Inside Labels.jpg
GBZ Inside Labels.jpg (3 MiB) Viewed 8381 times
Chiz has a really smart idea on moving his Power Boost 1000c to the top of the case and drilling holes for status lights. He used hotclue to create a film or reflective material for the lights. I am still working on this part and might use Fiber Optic plastic instead. Will post updates when I get there. Right now it just helps me see the Charging and Low Battery lights from the Power Boost.
GBZ Status Light Holes.jpg
GBZ Status Light Holes.jpg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 8381 times
I also wanted to take a moment to thank users from the community on my build. It has been very helpful and I would think of some of you as friends if I ever have the chance to meet you. You keep an old man busy.
@Wermy
@Kilren
@Cannikin
@Fleder
@Helder
@popcorn
@Mad_Duke
@Ganreizu
@Makro
IMG_20160615_105843.jpg
IMG_20160615_105843.jpg (2.19 MiB) Viewed 8381 times
Last edited by dirtybeagles on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:30 am

Hey, congrats on the (mostly) finished build! Looks great! Hopefully you stick around for future projects. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:33 am

Really good! I am glad to see finished projects.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:37 am

Man, I'm envious. Hoping to catch up in a weekend or two now that school is out and I just have hospital rounds.

This is looking really good. Congrats man!

MaKro

Post by MaKro » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:03 am

I'm glad I could help :D

Mad_Duke

Post by Mad_Duke » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:12 am

Looks awesome man :)

I will have most of the stuff the same (concerning the placement) so I already have a great picture about how mine will look :) Aaaa. I'm already 11 hours at work today. I so wish to get this Saturday or Sunday off so I can have some fun with the project. :)

I'm thinking about the brackets now also. I think I'll probably leave the middle screw posts.. well.. for screws :D And drill the button holes underneath.

But once again. Awesome looking build and the screen looks gourgeous.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:27 pm

dirtybeagles wrote:I also wanted to take a moment to thank users from the community on my build. It has been very helpful and I would think of some of you as friends if I ever have the chance to meet you. You keep an old man busy.

Awwh! You're welcome! (i don't quite remember off hand specifically what i did but thank you regardless hahaha)

Congratulations! 8-)