My Gameboy Zero project(s)

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
gnarlynick

Re: My Gameboy Zero project(s)

Post by gnarlynick » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:35 am

ChunkeeMunkee wrote:Wow, coming along very nicely! I really like the colour highlights on each one. Your homebrew light pipes are a very cool addition.

Looking forward to seeing these finished!
Thanks! They work pretty good too without too much effort. I even ran some glue on top of the USB port on the right side of the GBZ and the low battery light from the Powerboost 1000c shines through that. Problem is, it is on the side and not very noticeable unless you're actively looking.

gnarlynick

Re: My Gameboy Zero project(s)

Post by gnarlynick » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:58 pm

I am putting this here mainly for my own use but I figured others may find this useful as well. I used the internal scraper in EmulationStation (TheGamesDB.net) and found that the most inaccurate it can be was with Mega Drive/Genesis games. I found that the issue is it was scraping my Genesis games according to Mega Drive titles. Sometimes the same game did not exist between the two regions or it had a different name. This simple code fix changed the scraper from sourcing from Mega Drive game titles to Genesis game titles which made my scraping a lot more accurate in the end.

Using the Terminal on a Mac or Putty on Windows (screenshots are provided by Putty on a Windows system).
(This can also be done by attaching a keyboard & monitor to your Pi if you don't have network connectivity at the moment.)

SSH into your Pi using username pi and password raspberry.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (53.08 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
Type the following:

Code: Select all

cd /etc/emulationstation/
Once in that directory, type

sudo nano es_systems.cfg
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (71.66 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
In es_systems.cfg, locate <name>megadrive</name>
and replace

<platform>megadrive</platform>
with

<platform>genesis</platform>
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (24.04 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
Press Ctrl+X to save, press Y to agree to saving and press enter to overwrite ex_systems.cfg and reboot the Pi. Now, scraping games for the Genesis should yield less inaccuracies as it will source actual Genesis games now.