SudoMod Retail Packaging

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
SirMehr

Re: SudoMod Retail Packaging

Post by SirMehr » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:37 am

Slight modification to the box art to change the screen surround vector from DMG to Sudo.

Last edited by SirMehr on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SirMehr

Post by SirMehr » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:55 am

AustenFM wrote:Being an illustrator myself I'd love to make some custom work for my case~
Hey man, just re-read your post then clicked the link in your signature to look at some of your work. If you come up with something cool we can totally replace it as the base image on the packaging since I'm just using free stock images right now for the graffiti. Would be *much* better to get a custom design specially made for the project.

I'm thinking some sort of design that has a core color that can be color adjusted to match the gameboy vector color on the front of the box. That way we can have multiple variations of the same box depending on what color they build out their DMG case.

SirMehr

Post by SirMehr » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:55 am

Slowly closing in on a design I like. Messed with the inner tray color and the Gameboy DMG shell color. This is starting to look really clean. Though I definitely gotta sit down and figure out the top/bottom design. That temporary stock image just isn't working too well; especially as I start to do different color sets. Need to pick out a design that can be color adjusted depending on the build color. That or a series of designs that look similar but focus a different color on each.

Last edited by SirMehr on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SirMehr

Post by SirMehr » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:16 pm

Isn't it always when you think you've finished something that you realize you could have done it better? Went back and revisited the inside of the box to allow for game cartridge.

Credit to Dominator for the cartridge label. http://retrofresh.uk/

SirMehr

Post by SirMehr » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Just realized that all the Dropbox hosted images broke when Dropbox removed the Public Folders feature. Just went through and fixed the images/links on all my posts in this thread.

Also, it reminded me that I need to revisit this idea now that I'm finally putting together my first device thanks to receiving Kite's Super AIO board.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:35 am

not quite Sudomod, but as my build is for my son i'm trying to make it presentable as posible...

so i'm trying to have my build with the sd card in the cart (which is going a bit hit/miss at the moment, may have to bite the bullet and buy a premade cart pcb) so i'm hoping to present it with a game box with the cart inside (providing i can get the cart working consistantly)

so i found the game cart box template online, and heres one of the ones i had printed on card to see how it cuts up and is easlily bent into shape....

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:32 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:35 am
not quite Sudomod, but as my build is for my son i'm trying to make it presentable as posible...

so i'm trying to have my build with the sd card in the cart (which is going a bit hit/miss at the moment, may have to bite the bullet and buy a premade cart pcb) so i'm hoping to present it with a game box with the cart inside (providing i can get the cart working consistantly)

so i found the game cart box template online, and heres one of the ones i had printed on card to see how it cuts up and is easlily bent into shape....

This is awesome. Would you be open to sharing / selling your design?

I'll definitely get some printed!!

drafterITA

Post by drafterITA » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:18 am

Awesome :)
There's a typo in the back label: many other projects *tp* enable you..
Cheers! :D
drafterITA

SirMehr

Post by SirMehr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:53 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:35 am

This is pretty awesome. Great work man. I love seeing other peoples designs/ideas.