Beerman's GBZ

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
beerman

Re: Beerman's GBZ

Post by beerman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:09 am

I've decided to use a proper hdmi connector instead of the micro one as not many people have a micro hdmi to hdmi cable handy. Stupidly I ordered a pcb one and not a cable, meaning I can't put the pi anywhere I want now.

Looks like it'll work though. May change it yet.

Going with my keep it clean look I decided to move the external usb back a bit so it doesn't stick out. Also decided not to bother with the cart reader yet, hence why the metal shielding has gone.

Rear buttons fitted. In the pic it looks like the left is higher but they are the same level.

Next update will probably be when I get my safe shutdown pcb.

I also have a black SNES controller on order so the rear buttons may change.

Edit: Nearly forgot about the volume wheel. It was too thin for the hole so glued two together. I had to file a bit off the front of the case (where it says volume) to make the wheels fit.

Zero

Post by Zero » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:20 am

Hi, do you have a link to the low battery indicator you have purchased please? And maybe a pic of yours? I've bought a few now and none seem to work under 4v, which is pretty useless for our builds. Thanks.

beerman

Post by beerman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:31 pm

It's this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-7V-Li ... 92108.html

Red: representing 2% at 3.7V
Yellow(1): representing 50% at 3.8V
Yellow(2): representing 80% at 4.0V
Green: representing 100% at 4.2V
PCB Size: 22.2 x 17.2 (mm)

DarrylUK

Post by DarrylUK » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:58 pm

Be aware that the battery you've linked to is pretty long. It won't fit in the GB battery compartment. If you want it roughly positioned there it needs to navigate over the latch for the rear battery door as well.

beerman

Post by beerman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Yeah I bought it then realised it's probably too big. It'll do for testing as I'm still waiting on bits. I actually grabbed a broken gameboy on ebay for £10 and plan to do another build for my nephew. I doubt I'll go as far as wiring up a cart on his so will cut the cart and glue it to the case to give me more room. I'll also glue the battery door shut so he can't poke his fingers around in there meaning I can remove the tab.

DarrylUK

Post by DarrylUK » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:27 pm

I bought the same battery and I'm just considering the best way to fit it in. I may do the glue shut method, and also the cart slot method. I'd like access to the rear though.

I've got the bits lined up for a kite build, my current build is a Helder AIO build.