Chedda's #3 gameboy pi build

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
coopman

Re: Chedda's #3 gameboy pi build

Post by coopman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:00 pm

Chedda wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:50 pm
It powers it up and keeps it going. The problem I have experienced relating to power is having usb ports or adapters not supplying enough power. It gets super glitchy.
That makes sense and is what I would've expected. I'm in the process of trying to figure out what board to put in mine. I want to use the 3 just because it's snappy, but i got worried about the power requirements and wondered if I should just use my 2, or pick up a zero w.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:54 pm

@retrogamingnow Thoughts on the above? Have you had any issues with power? I know you've made a few with Pi3 🤔

Sendoushi

Post by Sendoushi » Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 am

So... Zero is better regarding battery? Is it that noticeable?
To get a Zero I'll have to let go 30€ while Pi3 costs 40€.

Also... I want one of these! :P
What are the main differences to the other Super AIO sold around here?

The_Ginger

Post by The_Ginger » Sat May 06, 2017 2:04 am

Sendoushi wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 am

The battery consumption difference will be pretty noticeable I think. The Pi Zero is a beefed up RPi A1 (i think it was 1), while the Pi3 is a lot more powerfull, so it draws a lot more from the batteries.

Regarding the boards, the only ones that I know are Helders and Kites AIO boards. The Helder ones are cheaper, but you need to get a screen and powerboost yourself. The one from Kite (that's the one i bought) has that included or built in the board. It also has a some stuff extra built in the board like safe shutdown, LEDs for power status, more button connections,... . But it is also a bit more expensive.

Sendoushi

Post by Sendoushi » Thu May 11, 2017 1:34 am

The_Ginger wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 2:04 am
Sendoushi wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 9:01 am

The battery consumption difference will be pretty noticeable I think. The Pi Zero is a beefed up RPi A1 (i think it was 1), while the Pi3 is a lot more powerfull, so it draws a lot more from the batteries.

Regarding the boards, the only ones that I know are Helders and Kites AIO boards. The Helder ones are cheaper, but you need to get a screen and powerboost yourself. The one from Kite (that's the one i bought) has that included or built in the board. It also has a some stuff extra built in the board like safe shutdown, LEDs for power status, more button connections,... . But it is also a bit more expensive.
Thanks!
I do think I'll go with a full blown AIO, better for a newbie although it seems there is a lack of stock at the moment.
I still would like to run some PS1 games like Crash Bandicoot and other more simple than that. Do you think Zero can handle it?
Besides that, the only issue regarding Zero is that in my country costs almost the same than the Pi 3.

Kinsu

Post by Kinsu » Fri May 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Hey,

I am a noob I got this board today and was wondering do I have to do 5v conversion. It has 12v labeled on the back. It's the one from the links provided
Attachments
14946373334931777411046.jpg
14946373334931777411046.jpg (4.63 MiB) Viewed 8864 times
14946373018162136305908.jpg
14946373018162136305908.jpg (4.85 MiB) Viewed 8864 times

The_Ginger

Post by The_Ginger » Sat May 13, 2017 3:52 am

Sendoushi wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 1:34 am
Thanks!
I do think I'll go with a full blown AIO, better for a newbie although it seems there is a lack of stock at the moment.
I still would like to run some PS1 games like Crash Bandicoot and other more simple than that. Do you think Zero can handle it?
Besides that, the only issue regarding Zero is that in my country costs almost the same than the Pi 3.
The Zero can handle PS1 games, but they will be much slower then normal, they'll maybe even stutter a bit. And if it's almost the same as a Pi3, i think you should go for the Pi3 for playing PS1 games. It will be a bit harder to assemble, but it'll be a lot more powerful

Sendoushi

Post by Sendoushi » Sat May 13, 2017 5:13 am

The_Ginger wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 3:52 am
Sendoushi wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 1:34 am
Thanks!
The Zero can handle PS1 games, but they will be much slower then normal, they'll maybe even stutter a bit. And if it's almost the same as a Pi3, i think you should go for the Pi3 for playing PS1 games. It will be a bit harder to assemble, but it'll be a lot more powerful
I could actually live without PS1 games but it is pretty hard to get a zero around here. It seems that the guys that sell me the Pi3 will start to ship Zero next month so... I'll wait to see their prices.

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Sat May 13, 2017 7:58 am

Kinsu wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 7:03 pm
Hey,

I am a noob I got this board today and was wondering do I have to do 5v conversion. It has 12v labeled on the back. It's the one from the links provided
He Kinsu next time make a help post and dont mess up other members post. First off al Sudo mod has a Wiki. Seccond of all the forum has a search option.
For now i hold your hand!! And here you go some links.

Screen Wiki Place
http://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php?title=GBZ_Screen

Sudo Mods Wiki
http://www.sudomod.com/wiki/

And here two options for moding your screens to 5V
Option 1
http://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php?t ... oard_2.jpg
Option 2
http://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php?t ... g_2010.jpg

Greets Mike
Ps And #Chedda sorry for posting this and messing up your post.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

Kinsu

Post by Kinsu » Sun May 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Cobramike, I am new here and learning the forums. I Never meant to mess up the post (Never knew asking a question was messing up a post). While reading the forums I discovered the information I was looking for. Also thank you for the links provided.

Chedda thank you for the information you provided. I was able to complete the gameboy zero 2 days ago. The only issue i am having is with sound which I am currently reading through the forums. Again thanks for the videos and links to the hardware.