Page 1 of 1

Build No 2

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 pm
by Goldfish
Ok Just started a new build.

Trying to add a few more pics this time, so far some slight changes to the case.

1 Going to have two usb ports coming out of the ext port.
Case9.JPG
Case9.JPG (251.01 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
2 Screen Buttons on the front.
Case7.JPG
Case7.JPG (328.87 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
3 Changed the battery rotation add some L R buttons these come from a classic controller for the WII i think. :D
IMG_3351.JPG
IMG_3351.JPG (337.26 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
4 Have used a different usb hub and add a usb wifi.
Case8.JPG
Case8.JPG (336.01 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
Case4.JPG
Case4.JPG (333.96 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
More To come :lol:

Ok little update.

Well i messed up and melted the back part of the shell i was working on, i guess i was trying to rush things..... :x
Time for mark 2
IMG_3358.JPG
IMG_3358.JPG (330.1 KiB) Viewed 3989 times
Ok another little update changed the position of my usb so its now on the back ..
Tried adding some text to the model, but a bit to small. they are just mockups to get the position in the right place.
i seem to have so many versions at the moment, as i keep tweaking if you have seen my thingiverse page you will probably have noticed.
At some stage i'm going to have to thin it out!!!!
IMG_3359.JPG
IMG_3359.JPG (287.93 KiB) Viewed 3966 times

Re: Build No 2

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:54 pm
by beerman
I assume the extra holes under the screen are for the buttons.

Looks good so far.

Re: Build No 2

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:19 pm
by jothie
Looks great, looking forward to seeing more. I really like those 3 buttons on front. I assume when you say 'screen buttons' they are for contrast and menu for the screen?

Re: Build No 2

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:49 am
by Goldfish
beerman wrote:I assume the extra holes under the screen are for the buttons.

Looks good so far.
Yep quite correct :D its a little tight but works good..

Re: Build No 2

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:52 am
by Goldfish
jothie wrote:Looks great, looking forward to seeing more. I really like those 3 buttons on front. I assume when you say 'screen buttons' they are for contrast and menu for the screen?
Yes i never fitted them on my other build but i wanted to include them on this one, but i couldn't decide on where to put them. :D

Re: Build No 2

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:33 am
by otaola.franc
Goldfish wrote:Ok Just started a new build.

Trying to add a few more pics this time, so far some slight changes to the case.

1 Going to have two usb ports coming out of the ext port.
Case9.JPG
2 Screen Buttons on the front.
Case7.JPG
3 Changed the battery rotation add some L R buttons these come from a classic controller for the WII i think. :D
IMG_3351.JPG
4 Have used a different usb hub and add a usb wifi.
Case8.JPG
Case4.JPG

More To come :lol:
goldfish can you upload the stl files for the screen and buttons :D?

Re: Build No 2

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:35 pm
by Goldfish
otaola.franc wrote:
Goldfish wrote:Ok Just started a new build.

Trying to add a few more pics this time, so far some slight changes to the case.

1 Going to have two usb ports coming out of the ext port.
Case9.JPG
2 Screen Buttons on the front.
Case7.JPG
3 Changed the battery rotation add some L R buttons these come from a classic controller for the WII i think. :D
IMG_3351.JPG
4 Have used a different usb hub and add a usb wifi.
Case8.JPG
Case4.JPG

More To come :lol:
goldfish can you upload the stl files for the screen and buttons :D?
No problem here is a link to all my files http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1724129/#files :D

Re: Build No 2

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:47 pm
by Boogz
Goldfish wrote:3 Changed the battery rotation add some L R buttons these come from a classic controller for the WII i think. :D
IMG_3351.JPG
Did you cannibalize the buttons from the controller or is there someplace where we can buy the buttons separately?

Re: Build No 2

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:09 pm
by Goldfish
Boogz wrote:
Goldfish wrote:3 Changed the battery rotation add some L R buttons these come from a classic controller for the WII i think. :D
IMG_3351.JPG
Did you cannibalize the buttons from the controller or is there someplace where we can buy the buttons separately?
Yes i used a cheap wii controller off amazon for a couple of quid, came from china but there are loads on ebay you just have to wait a couple of weeks for them to turn up :lol: