Sota's Game Pi 3 / Raspberry Boy 3 [Raspberry Pi 3 Game Boy] (Completed!)

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
Weroskr

Re: Sota's Game Pi 3 / Raspberry Boy 3 [Raspberry Pi 3 Game Boy] (Completed!)

Post by Weroskr » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi, I'm using a translator, my English is not very good.
I love the project, I think it is the best, I have some doubts, I would like to know if it is possible to replace the raspberry with odroid xu4, how to connect the rest to the odroid, and the or droid works with 5v and 6A, as I do the Battery, I thank you for your help, thank you. :?: :?: :?: :?:

Jaysond04

Post by Jaysond04 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:42 am

So I've read through these post specifically the wiring of the power system. I drew up a schematic and was wondering if this is it's correct?
Attachments
1502272109180-1534497884.jpg
1502272109180-1534497884.jpg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 7540 times

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:32 am

Hey Sota :)
Can you give me the exact wiring of your Sound ??
Because my Sound won't work ( even without the Poti )

tinkerBOY

Post by tinkerBOY » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:06 am

Hi sota! I just noticed that you're not using a fan for this build. How's the temperature in there when play it for more than 30 minutes?
New! tinkerBOY PowerSwitch v1.0 with Safe Shutdown
Game Boy Zero Controllers available @ tinkerBOY.xyz * Support
tinkerBOY Controller v3.0 - built-in usb controller, usb audio, and usb hub
tinkerBOY Controller v2.0 - GPIO buttons and builtin PWM Audio and Amplifier
tinkerBOY Controller v1.1 - simple pcb button
* DPI Adapter - better display for GBZ
* keyboard converters - IBM XT/AT Soarer's Converter | ADB to USB Converter

antonym

Post by antonym » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Weroskr wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:37 pm
I love the project, I think it is the best, I have some doubts, I would like to know if it is possible to replace the raspberry with odroid xu4, how to connect the rest to the odroid, and the or droid works with 5v and 6A, as I do the Battery, I thank you for your help, thank you. :?: :?: :?: :?:
I was wondering the exact same thing. Considering the specs of the Odroid, it would be perfect for something like this! I hope someone does it, because if they don’t, I’m gonna try and mess everything up :shock: :P

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:43 am

antonym wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:41 pm
Weroskr wrote:
I was wondering the exact same thing. Considering the specs of the Odroid, it would be perfect for something like this! I hope someone does it, because if they don’t, I’m gonna try and mess everything up :shock: :P

the Odroid do have good performance....

but one thing that would not make them suitable for these type of projects (just MHO)....
is that they will require cooling...
either in the form of a beefy heatsink or a really good fan.... if not both.....

putting all this into a small handheld form factor is just asking for trouble.....
(fitment issues, cooling and overheating issues)
and then you obviously have the power consumption of such of system and setup.....

antonym

Post by antonym » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:24 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:43 am
antonym wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:41 pm
Weroskr wrote:

the Odroid do have good performance....

but one thing that would not make them suitable for these type of projects (just MHO)....
is that they will require cooling...
either in the form of a beefy heatsink or a really good fan.... if not both.....

putting all this into a small handheld form factor is just asking for trouble.....
(fitment issues, cooling and overheating issues)
and then you obviously have the power consumption of such of system and setup.....

the cooling issue is a thing :/ but I think that it would be awesome for someone to at least make one (if not several) attempts to see if it would actually work. Sure, it'd be difficult, but until someone tries it, it won't even have a chance of happening. The Odroid is only like $59 so if anybody wanted to just try it out sometime, it really wouldn't be too bad of an investment. Even if it doesn't work, whoever tries it could make a YouTube video and prolly get profit from the views, along with some information in the name of science and experimentation :D :ugeek: :) But I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to try, because I definitely don't want to waste money on a project that won't work :?

antonym

Post by antonym » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:52 pm

something similarly cool is this thing that I just found on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/4MqL7OUMaHE

It plays only gamecube and wii games, so no retro stuff, but it's still pretty cool that all that can fit in such a small space.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:02 am

antonym wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:24 pm
the cooling issue is a thing :/ but I think that it would be awesome for someone to at least make one (if not several) attempts to see if it would actually work. Sure, it'd be difficult, but until someone tries it, it won't even have a chance of happening. The Odroid is only like $59 so if anybody wanted to just try it out sometime, it really wouldn't be too bad of an investment. Even if it doesn't work, whoever tries it could make a YouTube video and prolly get profit from the views, along with some information in the name of science and experimentation :D :ugeek: :) But I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to try, because I definitely don't want to waste money on a project that won't work :?
antonym wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:52 pm

It plays only gamecube and wii games, so no retro stuff, but it's still pretty cool that all that can fit in such a small space.

These are going very off topic....
this is someones build post/thread.....

if you'd like to discuss Odroid or cooling issues or remedies....
its suggested/recommended that you start a new post/thread in "General Chat" of the "Other Projects" section...

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewforum.php ... 069676491e

antonym

Post by antonym » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:00 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:02 am
antonym wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:24 pm
antonym wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:52 pm

These are going very off topic....
this is someones build post/thread.....

if you'd like to discuss Odroid or cooling issues or remedies....
its suggested/recommended that you start a new post/thread in "General Chat" of the "Other Projects" section...

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewforum.php ... 069676491e

last post. this odroid related project idea was going to be executed by a fellow sudomodder in the past. here's the link:

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 265#p69265

that forum hasn't been used in a while, but they were definitely onto something cool.