Sota's alternative RPi 3 build [using as many alternatives as possible + 2 analog sticks] (WIP)

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!

Camble

Re: Sota's alternative RPi 3 build [using as many alternatives as possible + 2 analog sticks] (WIP)

Post by Camble » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:26 am

Have these pins been bridged when desoldering other components?

sotasystems

Re: Sota's alternative RPi 3 build [using as many alternatives as possible + 2 analog sticks] (WIP)

Post by sotasystems » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:56 am

Camble wrote:Have these pins been bridged when desoldering other components?

No, it may look like that in the photo, but even when looking with a 10x magnification ocular (pretty strong), all the pins are fine. Overall the Pi looks completely fine.
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to inform you that I am currently moving very far away, and therefore I am very busy.

UPDATE: I am still alive! My ISP is setting up my internet on the 19th of January at my new place, explaining my offline-ness.

If you write me a PM, I will very likely take some time to respond.

Also, my 2nd build will soon go on, so if you've been following it, please stay tuned! :)

Many thanks for your understanding!

sotasystems

Post by sotasystems » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:48 pm

OK. Brief update!:

I am finaly done with moving! :)
So I can continue on this build soon.

I have received a new Pi 3 which I will get on desoldering in a couple of days, so please stay tuned for that. ;)

Also, the seller of my 3.5" backup camera refunded the cost of the screen because it "got lost" while shipping for some reason, so whatever. I will have to get a new one too, so I will look for a new one and eventualy order it. Will keep you updated on that. ;)
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to inform you that I am currently moving very far away, and therefore I am very busy.

UPDATE: I am still alive! My ISP is setting up my internet on the 19th of January at my new place, explaining my offline-ness.

If you write me a PM, I will very likely take some time to respond.

Also, my 2nd build will soon go on, so if you've been following it, please stay tuned! :)

Many thanks for your understanding!

advoloastra

Post by advoloastra » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Sota,

While you are waiting on parts and getting ready to start the new build, can you post the schematic of the USB and charging load sharing switch you are going to use?

Tim

Monti55

Post by Monti55 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:14 am

Hi Sota! I was looking at your build and was wondering why you are using that mosfet. The voltage required to be fully open is ~10 volts. Assuming you are using a arduino to open it it won't be fully open at 5 volts. I was trying to modify you custom shutdown circuit for my build and was going to use logic level mosfets. You might know more than me as I'm fairly new to this but I'm excited for you build!!!