Had a delay after my Gearbest screen died on just before completion. New BW screen from Amazon UK arrived yesterday (I now live in Perth, Australia).
Albeit a few tweaks still to make before I'm completely happy.
Here's the front and back:
Will look to fix this.
Also to fix:
- Space inside battery bay - had to sacrifice my 2nd USB port as I couldn't fit this and the battery. Will look to reinstate.
- USB port on side isn't quite straight.
- Going to use white silicone to fill surround of USB charge port.
- Audio - headphones work perfectly, speaker suffering from AIO 2.2 issues noted across forum. If volume is slightly increased the sound it intermittent and broken etc. Noted fix from others regarding 2x 75ohm resistors.
- Align the mini HDMI output slightly better as its not quite straight with case opening.
All in all, happy with the look!
Lots learned on this one, from doing little to no soldering before (Year 7 school project with a 9v battery and a red LED only) to being confident on the iron and soldering with speed and accuracy.
100% recommend the temperature controlled iron and 3rd hand.
Thanks to everyone who helped with my queries to date and special thanks to @wermy and @helder.