ABH's GameBoy SP ZeroW

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
VeteranGamer

Re: ABH's GameBoy SP ZeroW

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:08 pm

WoodMill wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:37 pm
So I've tried PCBway, and the file Errors out. This is the message they give me: "Could not open the file.We need gerber file in fomat of RS-274x" And they attached this photo.
gerber-error.png
Try...

JLCPCB

They are currently offering $2 for 5 boards + shipping....

The gerber should work there
Also make sure you select the correct thickness of the PCB....

Which is kind of hilarious as it makes the boards workout cheaper than it’s gonna cost you for the power switch (cheapest I could find was $4 each)....

WoodMill

Post by WoodMill » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:23 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:08 pm
WoodMill wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:37 pm
So I've tried PCBway, and the file Errors out. This is the message they give me: "Could not open the file.We need gerber file in fomat of RS-274x" And they attached this photo.
gerber-error.png
Try...

JLCPCB

They are currently offering $2 for 5 boards + shipping....

The gerber should work there
Also make sure you select the correct thickness of the PCB....

Which is kind of hilarious as it makes the boards workout cheaper than it’s gonna cost you for the power switch (cheapest I could find was $4 each)....

Ha. Nice! Thanks! Got an order in, so we'll see how it goes.
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds

McShivers

Post by McShivers » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:25 pm

Don't mean to be _that guy_ but....has there been any updates to the PCB's?? I recently picked up a GPi Case and really like the functionality. My girlfriend saw it and now she wants a Pi handheld as well... If I could get my hands on one of your awesome PCB's I'd love to do a GBA SP build (this was the original build I wanted to do but have settled for easier projects in the meantime). If I can get one of these built then she can have the GPi case and I can have a better form factor for my big 'ol man hands and she can have a handheld to play, too :)

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:27 pm

McShivers wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:25 pm
Don't mean to be _that guy_ but....has there been any updates to the PCB's?? I recently picked up a GPi Case and really like the functionality. My girlfriend saw it and now she wants a Pi handheld as well... If I could get my hands on one of your awesome PCB's I'd love to do a GBA SP build (this was the original build I wanted to do but have settled for easier projects in the meantime). If I can get one of these built then she can have the GPi case and I can have a better form factor for my big 'ol man hands and she can have a handheld to play, too :)

I suggest you good through this whole thread.....
there is nothing to update.... the board is already been shared (look through the posts)

McShivers

Post by McShivers » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:04 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:27 pm
McShivers wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:25 pm

I suggest you good through this whole thread.....
there is nothing to update.... the board is already been shared (look through the posts)

(sigh)...sorry for not reading the fine print. I really try not to ask dumb questions but sometimes my brain doesn't cooperate. I'll grab the files and get one made! Also - just wanted to say I'm a big fan of your work...you and a few others on this site (including @ABH) have been a huge inspiration to dive into the modding/maker community and try things out! Keep up the good work! I hope to be able to contribute something of value here, too, as I learn. :D