Game Boy Zero case CAD files

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
Elmafioso90

Re: Game Boy Zero case CAD files

Post by Elmafioso90 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:27 am

Did anyone think, now that printing the full case modified and ready to use is possible, to modify the front case to add a second speaker and match the pattern of the original GB? Having two speakers with real stereo audio would be a great improvement.

neolith

Post by neolith » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:29 am

Elmafioso90 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:27 am
Did anyone think, now that printing the full case modified and ready to use is possible, to modify the front case to add a second speaker and match the pattern of the original GB? Having two speakers with real stereo audio would be a great improvement.
If you want to do something like that you'd have to make it work without any of the provided boards. The ones I know use that space so you cannot just put another speaker there.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

moooarcuuuus

Post by moooarcuuuus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:00 am

Can you upload the data exported in "step" format too? stl and step is like bmp and svg.
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

neolith

Post by neolith » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:17 am

moooarcuuuus wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:00 am
Can you upload the data exported in "step" format too? stl and step is like bmp and svg.
Sure. With a bit of luck I'll find the time this evening.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

moooarcuuuus

Post by moooarcuuuus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:28 am

Thx.
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

neolith

Post by neolith » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:10 pm

I have updated the latest download to include a .STEP file.

AWildTyphlosion

Post by AWildTyphlosion » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:49 pm

I love the EXT plug. Although now that I thought more thought into it, I wonder how hard it would be to make your own EXT port and re-purpose the EXT cable for something else..

moooarcuuuus

Post by moooarcuuuus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:46 pm

neolith wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:10 pm
I have updated the latest download to include a .STEP file.
Very nice. I will look at it.

epicpwn

Post by epicpwn » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:03 am

Amazing work @Neolith! Has anyone printed this case yet? If not, I may have a go at it on my Ultimaker3+ this week.

tronicgr

Post by tronicgr » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:54 am

epicpwn wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:03 am
Amazing work @Neolith! Has anyone printed this case yet? If not, I may have a go at it on my Ultimaker3+ this week.
I gave it a try last week on my UM3 extented, only the front half as the back half Sketchup file had the battery cover joined to the back case.

It came out ok, almost fits to a original back case half, but it seems 1mm larger and has some play. Maybe was my cheap PLA filament or cura settings not dialed in for it.

I'll have to give it another try using PVA supports this time, and print it facing up.