YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
djascher

Re: YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Post by djascher » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:47 pm

YaYa wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:51 pm
The mode button support...
It is just simply pressed around the screw post and voila !! even removing it then is hard (need to use a flat screwdriver as a lever and carefully raise it to be able to take it off)
The small gap you can see between the 3D part and the tactile switch is the room for the cable and the soldering :mrgreen:

You can also see that the piece is flush with the EXT.CONNECTOR hole where the SAIO's USB port lays... This also allows the USB port to be supported underneath so it will stay steady :lol:

You put the switch first in place, then you push the support and that's all...

:mrgreen:

mode button support.jpg

The shell model is the amazing work of Neolith !!!
Thank you Neolith, your cad is almost perfect so i could save some prototype printing with it !
More info here
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3729
Hi YaYa,

Unless I'm mistaken, your mode button for your build is at the top of your shell and not the side. Was this the standard placement for the mode button with the SAIO version of the kite board, or was yours a custom job? I believe the mode button on kite's CS is where you put your DC barrel? (Kite or anyone, please confirm this?).

If it was your custom mod, can you elaborate a little on what had to change vis a vis the PCB to make this happen? Was it as simple as desoldering something off kite's PCB and rerouting via wire rather? Or is it more involved?

Thanks!

YaYa

Re: YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Post by YaYa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:51 pm

hi djascher !
Yes you are right, the mode button is intended to go in the original dc plug but i wanted to add a real dc plug for the retro look.
So i put the dc barrel where the dc barrel was on original DMG. You just have to wire red and black to the pads behind the micro usb on the SAIO.
By addind a dc barrel, i don’t have to cut out the slot for the micro usb ;)
Then, of course, i had to move the mode button. So i choose to put it on the top right just under his connector on the daughter board. You have nothing more to do than solder 2 pins of the switch, where the wire then plugs remain the same.

Voila. I hope it’s clear ?
Follow me on instagram Image

Italian77

Re: YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Post by Italian77 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:03 am

I’m guessing I missed it but can you show pics of how you connected the pogo pins instead of a jst battery connector? Where did you source the pogo pins?

Sorry if you already answered this somewhere.
My first Circuit Sword build - Custom Painted
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5855

xxrob511

Post by xxrob511 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:02 pm

How do you remove? I installed the package and it just freezes every time.

bidibule

Post by bidibule » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:12 am

Hi yaya,

I got a 3D printer now and really don't want to glue since we could print supports and holders.
I saw you've shared parts, thanks you !

What about the screen holder ? It's needed no?
I've download one's from HoolyHoo but maybe it's not suitable here (I have 0.5C motherboard from Kite's SAIO)

Thank you

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:38 am

bidibule wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:12 am
Hi yaya,

I got a 3D printer now and really don't want to glue since we could print supports and holders.

I've download one's from HoolyHoo but maybe it's not suitable here (I have 0.5C motherboard from Kite's SAIO)

Thank you
The hoolyhoo’s screen bracket is the one i’ve used and it’s more than suitable for kite’s SAIO ! :D

You can go safe and happy for it

bidibule

Post by bidibule » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:43 am

YaYa wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:38 am
bidibule wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:12 am
Hi yaya,

Thank you
The hoolyhoo’s screen bracket is the one i’ve used and it’s more than suitable for kite’s SAIO ! :D

You can go safe and happy for it
Ok thanks Yaya! Any other plans needed than those you offers and those from Hoolyhoo ?

bidibule

Re: YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Post by bidibule » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:58 am

YaYa wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:18 pm

THE MODE BUTTON SUPPORT :mrgreen:
mode-switch-support.stl
mode button support.jpg
You can use any 6x6mm tactile switches.

THE DC BARREL AND POWER SWITCH SUPPORT :mrgreen:
power-switch-support.stl
switch and barrel support.jpg
Designed for use with this DC Power Jack Socket Connector https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10Pcs-H ... 57484.html
and this High Side Toggle switch 2P2T 2 Position Slide Switch https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-sh ... 52393.html

Hi yaya, Slic3r doesn't want to take the mode support stl file. Can't figure why. Any previous problem using this STL ?

Thanks

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:00 am

I’ll upload it again, may be corrupted, i had a similar issue few months ago

andershp

Post by andershp » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:00 am

Cool thread!!
These battery optimization scripts, do they apply to CM3 versions of Kites All In One Board as well, or only the GBZ?
My "Bubble Bobble" Themed Bartop Arcade: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/107 ... cade-build