YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
MSD

Re: YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Post by MSD » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Code: Select all

# Installing at /opt/retropie/emulators/gbz-menu
sh: 99: <name>gbz-menu</name>: not found
# Adding gbz-menu to /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg
# Creating the theme at /etc/emulationstation/themes/art-book/gbz-menu

# WARNING: This is an automatic procedure consisting of making a copy of the gameboy theme of this theme set and replacing it's logo with our own, you may have to costumize it to your liking

Infos about how to do it here: https://retropie.org.uk/docs/Creating-Your-Own-EmulationStation-Theme/
and here: https://retropie.org.uk/docs/EmulationStation-Advanced-Theming/

cp: cannot stat ‘/etc/emulationstation/themes/art-book/gb’: No such file or directory
This is the whole message i am getting

somatorio

Re: YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Post by somatorio » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:23 pm

MSD wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 pm
somatorio wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:04 pm
Edit: OK, actually I don't really know what's happening... Looks like your theme set doesn't have a gb dir for some reason? Could you please run "ls /etc/emulationstation/themes/art-book/" and post here the result? Then I'll update the script :]
Ok. I did that and it didnt show me anything. No error whatsoever. I tried running the curl command again just in case but got the same error. Sorry for causing this much trouble. :|
No no, you're actually helping me to improve the script :)
I'll just need more time than i have right now (i'm really tired and need to rest)... Tomorrow I'll try to figure it out with you :)

moooarcuuuus

Post by moooarcuuuus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:20 am

somatorio wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:32 am
moooarcuuuus wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:53 am
YaYa wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:50 am
Oh i see... let me check if it can work also with armv71, the code has been tested with arm61

By the way, why is the arm version different ? I should dig that
The Raspberry ecosystem is a jungle. CM3L is armv7, zero is v6 and 3 is v8. Your optimizations should work with all of them. There is no hardware settings like turn of cores etc... (if the tool tweaks the same as you in this thread)
i just didn't knew the arm versions to put at the install script :? gbz-menu code is compiled against armv6l (a pi zero w to be precise) so it should work with no problems... updated the script with armv7l, may i presume v8 is "armv8l" at uname -m?
A better way is to read "/proc/device-tree/model" or the revision codes from https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md. The instruction set is not raspberry specific.

But that is no way for other plattforms like orangePi. Maybe it is better to check for "emulationstation".Most distributions have a version file in /etc. For debian (raspbian) there is the file /etc/debian_version.

What is your goal?
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

moooarcuuuus

Post by moooarcuuuus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:24 am

YaYa wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:03 pm
moooarcuuuus wrote:
YaYa wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:50 am
Oh i see... let me check if it can work also with armv71, the code has been tested with arm61

By the way, why is the arm version different ? I should dig that
The Raspberry ecosystem is a jungle. CM3L is armv7, zero is v6 and 3 is v8. Your optimizations should work with all of them. There is no hardware settings like turn of cores etc... (if the tool tweaks the same as you in this thread)
Thanks moaaarcus, yeah i was pretty sure this would work as i do not touch to the core of the system :D
Yes, it is always better to be careful. Breaking other guys system is a bad feeling.
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

somatorio

Post by somatorio » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:11 am

moooarcuuuus wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:20 am
somatorio wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:32 am
moooarcuuuus wrote:

i just didn't knew the arm versions to put at the install script :? gbz-menu code is compiled against armv6l (a pi zero w to be precise) so it should work with no problems... updated the script with armv7l, may i presume v8 is "armv8l" at uname -m?
A better way is to read "/proc/device-tree/model" or the revision codes from https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md. The instruction set is not raspberry specific.

But that is no way for other plattforms like orangePi. Maybe it is better to check for "emulationstation".Most distributions have a version file in /etc. For debian (raspbian) there is the file /etc/debian_version.

What is your goal?
the part of the install script that says "Sorry, your plataform isn't supported yet, please open an issue at https://github.com/somatorio/gbz-config-menu/issues" is this one:

Code: Select all

case $(uname -m) in
    armv6l|armv7l)
      DOWNLOADURL=$(curl -s https://api.github.com/repos/somatorio/gbz-config-menu/releases/latest | jq -r ".assets[] | select( .name == \"gbz-menu-rasp.zip\" ) | .browser_download_url")
      ver="rasp"
      ;;
    x86_64)
      DOWNLOADURL=$(curl -s https://api.github.com/repos/somatorio/gbz-config-menu/releases/latest | jq -r ".assets[] | select( .name == \"gbz-menu-x64.zip\" ) | .browser_download_url")
      ver="x64"
      ;;
    *)
      echo "Sorry, your plataform isn't supported yet, please open an issue at https://github.com/somatorio/gbz-config-menu/issues"
      exit 1
      ;;
  esac
And is there for a simple reason: the code (right now) is compiled against x86_64 (my laptop) and armv6l (my rasp pi zero w) and i'll try my hard to compile it against anything that we need to (or just update the script to use the right version), how to do that? getting feedback :] that's why it says "please open an issue at https://github.com/somatorio/gbz-config-menu/issues"

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:01 am

Send me the code please and i can compile it with a Pi3 :mrgreen:
Follow me on instagram Image

somatorio

Post by somatorio » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:59 am

YaYa wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:01 am
Send me the code please and i can compile it with a Pi3 :mrgreen:
It probably works with Pi3 right now :P
Could you test it? :D

djascher

Post by djascher » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:14 pm

Hi YaYa

Hoping you can help with me some research into batteries.

I was just going through your thread, and noticed that your build also used pogo pins to connect the battery to the main board, similar to HoolyHoo's build. Just wondering, what battery did you use? Where did you get the connector? And what kind of mods had to happen to your case?

There is a pic in your build thread where it looks like a piece of solid orange plastic is in the battery tray? Was this a custom design? How does it work with the original battery compartment?

Cheers,
David.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:55 pm

Hey djascher...

Read carefully the post, all was already posted here
https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic ... 177#p48176

For the extras pictures of the battery tray modification, i’ll post them this evening, i’m not behind my computer right now (7Am here, already at work lol)

Cheers

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:35 pm

so here are some pictures of the battery tray djascher :D
(sorry for the late post, i was really really very busy with my job these days)
IMG_0912.JPG
IMG_0912.JPG (2.79 MiB) Viewed 19196 times
IMG_0913.JPG
IMG_0913.JPG (2.94 MiB) Viewed 19196 times
IMG_0914.JPG
IMG_0914.JPG (2.54 MiB) Viewed 19196 times