this is WIP, but i will show you some pictures the next days!
Planned feature list:
- 480x320 HDMI screen with brightness control
- PAM8403 Audioamp + Headphone Jack
- Arduino pro micro (Mega 32u4) for inputs, battery monitoring and brightness control
- Shift Button on the side of the case for double action buttons (Shift + UP/DOWN -> brightness control, ...)
- I2C Connection between Arduino 32u4 and Raspberry for
- Battery monitoring
- Shift button
- Controlling brightness and other functions via gameboy buttons
- Mini HDMI connector soldering (VERY hard). Maybe i get an FPV cable from Aliexpress and cut the case. Got an FPV cable. Working like a charm!
- USB UART and remove I2C to save two wires
- WLAN and Bluetooth Enable/Disable via Key-Combo (Should save 70mA at 5V - Link: https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/q ... -pi-zero-w)
List of unresolved problems:
- HDMI screen brightness uses a switch, but i want one to brightness up and one for down
- Loudness control via Arduino->I2C->Raspberry Mixer
- Replace the AMS1117 regulator on the hdmi screen to reduce power usage. See: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4242
Solved problems so far:
- PAM8403 not suitable for common ground headphones. DONT try to connect the L- and R- togehert. You will get heavy distortion. Will post a schematic soon.
- MPI3508 HDMI 3.5 inch screen 480x320
I will keep you updated.