All of Rodocops GBZ's in one place

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
rodocop

Re: All of Rodocops GBZ's in one place

Post by rodocop » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:06 pm

It looks like the ones I have ordered will be the same, my switches look to be similar, but not exact, but hard to tell by just images. If I need the source files i'll let you know!

sygyzy

Post by sygyzy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:28 pm

Rob, great work! Can I ask you where you buy your buttons from? Since most buttons are sold as same-color sets for a regular GB, for builds with different colored ABXY buttons, do builders just collect a pile of buttons to have ready?

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 pm

sygyzy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:28 pm
Rob, great work! Can I ask you where you buy your buttons from? Since most buttons are sold as same-color sets for a regular GB, for builds with different colored ABXY buttons, do builders just collect a pile of buttons to have ready?
I've bought from aliexpress mostly. I have used original buttons from old dmgs, buttons from usb snes controllers, as well as the buttons that come with the shells when I buy them.

I have lately been buying from gamers zone on aliexpress.

http://s.aliexpress.com/BZJbyAvq

http://s.aliexpress.com/3iqmm6ja

I have also bought from handheld legend. But they are a little more expensive. So I tend to buy in bulk from aliexpress

sygyzy

Post by sygyzy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:46 am

Great! Besides DMG buttons (obviously) and SNES controller buttons, what other buttons are known to fit the front button holes/pads for a Gameboy build?

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

I've also used some from a NES controller too, they seem to fit fine. I've seen people use Xbox buttons as well.

zedlabz

Post by zedlabz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:49 pm

sygyzy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:28 pm
Apart from the regular Snes colour combos, what colour combinations or styles of buttons would you like to see available?

For example metallic? with printing on them? if so what would be printed?

We are looking at various options for colour combos and new styles and would be interested in your ideas.

Thanks

Kieran

ZedLabz

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm

zedlabz wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:49 pm
Apart from the regular Snes colour combos, what colour combinations or styles of buttons would you like to see available?

We are looking at various options for colour combos and new styles and would be interested in your ideas.

Thanks

Kieran

ZedLabz
Hey there. I'm pretty open to lots of colors. What I actually would like to see is buttons that are actually labelled with abxy. I really like the two part buttons from handheld legend, but they only have ab, no xy.
https://handheldlegend.com/products/gam ... rt-buttons

Metallic, or other less common colors would be nice too.

zedlabz

Post by zedlabz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:35 am

rodocop wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm
zedlabz wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Thanks

Kieran

ZedLabz
Hey there. I'm pretty open to lots of colors. What I actually would like to see is buttons that are actually labelled with abxy. I really like the two part buttons from handheld legend, but they only have ab, no xy.
https://handheldlegend.com/products/gam ... rt-buttons

Metallic, or other less common colors would be nice too.
Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

In terms of ABXY labelling, are you preferring embossed buttons where it is part of the plastic and moulded with the letter, or something where the letting is screen printed onto the buttons e.g. https://www.zedlabz.com/products/edlabz ... lite-black ?

How about housings in new colours, we are starting to offer two tone versions e.g. black rear shell and orange front, how about metallic colours like gold, silver etc, hydro dipped with a pattern? Any suggestions or ideas?

Any other parts you would like to see that you cannot currently find?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Kieran

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:10 am

zedlabz wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:35 am
Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

In terms of ABXY labelling, are you preferring embossed buttons where it is part of the plastic and moulded with the letter, or something where the letting is screen printed onto the buttons e.g. https://www.zedlabz.com/products/edlabz ... lite-black ?

How about housings in new colours, we are starting to offer two tone versions e.g. black rear shell and orange front, how about metallic colours like gold, silver etc, hydro dipped with a pattern? Any suggestions or ideas?

Any other parts you would like to see that you cannot currently find?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Kieran
I prefer embossed, I feel like it would be less likely to wear out over time. That is what I like the HHL two part ones, since it has an embossed lettered button beneath, and then a clear part over top. I've noticed the two tone colors on the site, I do like that. (I've done that already accidentally when I messed up one piece of the shell and had to replace with another color...turned out good). I am also partial to bright colors, I have been tempted to buy some lime green shells lately. I have also played with the idea of hydro dipping myself, I feel like that would be a nice option.

djascher

Post by djascher » Mon May 07, 2018 6:38 pm

What do you do with so many gameboys?! Do you ever keep one to play? Or is the build the hobby? :D