WHITE & BLACK GBZ (my first build, No AIO, Pi Zero W, 4000mah battery, JST connectors) [COMPLETED]

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
srahman3

Re: WHITE & BLACK GBZ (my first build, No AIO, Pi Zero W, 4000mah battery, JST connectors) [COMPLETED]

Post by srahman3 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi, great looking build! I have just like you recently come across these GBZ builds, yours looks very clean. I have only recently started researching a list of parts for my build, but my biggest problem is the L1 and L2 rear buttons, the plastic screw bracket to attach to the screen and the extension port cover. How did you make each of these parts yourself and where did you buy the pvc plastic for these parts, what's it called?
Thank you so much for all your help. :D

phreaky

Re: WHITE & BLACK GBZ (my first build, No AIO, Pi Zero W, 4000mah battery, JST connectors) [COMPLETED]

Post by phreaky » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:03 am

looks great ! awesome work done here :)

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:47 pm

amee wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:41 am
Great! Than you! Already found this post. But what about ads1015 how connect it to the scheme with camble safe shutdown? ( as i inderstand if i install HoolyHoo’s script i should remove camble script?) and may be someone can give advice how to get audio output?
Link to schematics:
https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic ... 130#p67718

You don't need Cambles's script.Just install HoolyHoo’s script and then mod it.

About audio output from Pi Zero,there are 3 options: PWM audio, I2S audio or USB audio.
PWM audio uses 2 GPIOs pin + Ground pin and needs a filter (it's the worst one,not clean as the other two).
I2S Audio is digital quality,it needs 3 GPIOs pin + Ground and an I2S amplifier.
USB audio imho is the simplest and best option.No GPIOs pin needed,only an USB audio soundcard.Digital quality as well.
However, you can use the search button on the forum, this topic has already been discussed and well explained!

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:00 pm

srahman3 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:02 pm
Hi, great looking build! I have just like you recently come across these GBZ builds, yours looks very clean. I have only recently started researching a list of parts for my build, but my biggest problem is the L1 and L2 rear buttons, the plastic screw bracket to attach to the screen and the extension port cover. How did you make each of these parts yourself and where did you buy the pvc plastic for these parts, what's it called?
Thank you so much for all your help. :D
The best option is 3D print for those parts.
However if you want try to do it yoursef,this is the material that I used:

https://www.google.com/search?q=angolar ... 947#imgrc=_

(I don't know how it's called in English, maybe "pvc angular".You can find it at bricolage shops)