this is less of a show-off and more of a thank you. Most of it goes to kite for his excellent Circuit Sword, but quite a bit also goes to the multitudes of people on this forum for the parts they make or procure as well as the answers they have given and the questions they think to ask.
So, what I am thanking for is this awesome new toy a firend of mine will get for his birthday present next month: my very first self-assembled Gameboy - it will definitely not be the last.
- kite's CSO with 320 x 240 screen
- dextech's big battery
- hoolyhoo's screen bracket with psp1000 joystick socket
- aftermarket Shell from Amazon
- buttons and membranes from Deadpan robot
- glass screen cover from Hand Held Legend
- tools from all over the place
So again thanks to everyone who contributed to this being possible even indirectly and happy tinkering.