Funkenschuhsters Kite&Pi3 >>Fully 3d printed custom Case<<

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
neolith

Re: Funkenschuhsters Kite&Pi3 >>Fully 3d printed custom Case<<

Post by neolith » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Looking good! I really like the clean surface. Are fingerprints easily visible on the black paint?
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

Sushi

Post by Sushi » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:56 pm

Holy $#!%. That is some incredible surfacing you've done! I'm tempted to reprint my custom designed GB3 just so I can try to get a finish like that! What kind of durability are you getting out of that? It looks absolutely gorgeous. A+

Funkenschuhster

Post by Funkenschuhster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Sushi wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:56 pm
Holy $#!%. That is some incredible surfacing you've done! I'm tempted to reprint my custom designed GB3 just so I can try to get a finish like that! What kind of durability are you getting out of that? It looks absolutely gorgeous. A+
Well, I hope the paint dries a little better over time. He's more sensitive than I expected.
Scratches can be easily polished away with car polish. The clear coat is not 100% perfect anyway, but I will polish it to a high gloss in a quiet minute.
If you have the possibility to use 2K paint (use spray gun not can) try it with it. It is much more durable than acrylic, Warning: 2K paint will clog your equipment if you do not clean it in time :).
For a good finish may use this as reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-cBnH79J4
neolith wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:27 pm
Looking good! I really like the clean surface. Are fingerprints easily visible on the black paint?
Yes. But it gets better when you apply car polish. Maybe nano sealant will help as well.

Funkenschuhster

Post by Funkenschuhster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Oh, and Eric points to matching sanding blocks. For my radius I printed extra ones in exactly the right radius. Just a hint