Game boy Pocket Zero project by Waffe

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
waffe

Re: Game boy Pocket Zero project by Waffe

Post by waffe » Sat May 04, 2019 11:19 am

KonnorJ wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:12 am
The 32u4 is needed for hid, not 328p
To be fair i've not really read into everything but this guy does this, and i'm gonna try doing that.

also there is this which is the guide for the video: http://thezanshow.com/electronics-tutor ... utorial-36

waffe

Re: Game boy Pocket Zero project by Waffe

Post by waffe » Tue May 07, 2019 1:51 pm

Small update , removed some of the interior of the pocket to see how everything will fit. Will probably remove and alter some more when the game shell arrives! Also will do some sanding and final touches to make everything fit properly. You can see in one of the picture of what my idea of how everything fits. I don't know how I will layer the components atm, hot glue and plastic probably but if you have any suggestions would be great.

My shutdown circuit will probably be something like:

That will be my first priority circuit-wise and after that I will work on the screen and lastly the buttons. If the shutdown circuit does not work I will probably go for the viewtopic.php?t=2260.
SpoilerShow
I will begin my circuit tests on thursday after all the weekly school stuff is done!

Update: I soldered the circuit as the picture shows and it works , the safe shutdown works and the power supply turns off after the pi is off. Now I just need to get some battery monitoring going! There are some issues with the connection on the usb cable that i stripped I think so i will check that out tomorrow, and I will also try to replace the rocker with my own switch!