I finally took time to finish my first build.
I'm so happy to have it now, and the nostalgia is satisfied whenever I play it, that's so cool.
I'm also happy I could build something and actually finish it, even if I knew nothing about electronics or soldering before starting.
- White case
- Gearbest "new" screen
- Tinkerboy's V3.01
- Tinkerboy's Add-on board (makes it easy on the soldering, but eats so much space :/ )
- Powerboost from Aliexpress
- Bluetech battery
So, here's how it looks:
First time booting the whole system on battery
Now it's finished, there are some things that bother me a bit.
- I would have gone with shorter and more flexible wires (I stripped an old ethernet cable)
- I would have made the corners of the screen's cut neater (and at 90°) cause some of the white of the case is showing (maybe I can unglue the glass, I don't know and I don't want to ruin it).
- I does not have a safe shutdown, so I have to got in the menus to shut if down.
Things that do not work
Yeah... cause it's not completely finished. Some things are not working.
- Firstly, the system crashes after a while. The game freezes and you can't do anything, apart switching it off.
- It also get hot, so maybe it's the cause of the crashes, I don't know.
- I can't get GBA games to work, and I don't know why. I tried multiple sources for the roms, but maybe it's me. I'll have to investigate.
- My red external led stopped working, not sure why.
I want to thank rodocop and infinitLoop for their help during my build, on this thread : https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8490.
Also, thanks to this board for making me want to try making one for myself, it was fun !
Since I'm a web developer, I made a little web page for my project (in french), if you're interested : http://liath.fr/gameboyzero.