Circuit Sword pops up at the top of the case

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
djascher

Circuit Sword pops up at the top of the case

Post by djascher » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi all

This might be a silly question, but when I place my CS in the front half of the case, all seems well, but by the time I'm done putting in screws in all the available holes, the top sticks up a bit. Is this normal? Do people just leave it like this and expect the back half to hold it down? Or do people put a dab of glue to hold it down in the front half?

Thanks. Almost done :)

millski

Re: Circuit Sword pops up at the top of the case

Post by millski » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:27 am

djascher wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:19 pm
Hi all

This might be a silly question, but when I place my CS in the front half of the case, all seems well, but by the time I'm done putting in screws in all the available holes, the top sticks up a bit. Is this normal? Do people just leave it like this and expect the back half to hold it down? Or do people put a dab of glue to hold it down in the front half?

Thanks. Almost done :)
You mean the case isn’t closing fully? Sounds like your screw posts may be a little too long - did you print your own? How are you sticking them in? Is the screen pressed tight against the front of the shell? Was all the trimming done so that the inside of the front shell was nice and flat? Also are you using original sized screws, and do they feel like they’re cutting in to the screw posts correctly? If they feel loose you could either replace the screw posts/screen frame or use slightly larger screws.

rodocop

Re: Circuit Sword pops up at the top of the case

Post by rodocop » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:46 pm

Not sure if you're talking about the case not fully closing. Or if the PCB just pops up a bit.

If it's the PCB "sticking up a bit", then I wouldn't worry about it. If the case doesn't close properly see the comment above. For some tips.

Also, post a pic if you can, so we can know exactly what you mean.