Micro USB port shape.

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
fsatatkid

Micro USB port shape.

Post by fsatatkid » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Hey guys,

Is there some kind of tricky way to get a truer shape for the micro usb port? I'm following Wermy's guide, and he just makes the hole a little bigger so that the port will fit; but it's the one thing I'm not happy with.

I was thinking about filling with bondo and then cutting a more true shape. Since I'm painting the case anyway I don't see any problem with this right off hand.

Has anyone tried anything similar or come up with another solution?

Maury

Re: Micro USB port shape.

Post by Maury » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:44 am

Keep in mind this is your personal build..
if you like what you are doing and it works... this is what counts.

Let me know how it goes.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:33 pm

All i know from my experience us that you must avoid using rotary tools... they melt the plastic and a slight bad movement takes too much material and the result is disappointing... as far as I'm concerned, i will start over the case mod and shave the plastic with a sharp knofe even if it takes a hundred years to complete... I'm intended also to buy manual sanding tools to make a better finish...
Follow me on instagram Image

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:06 pm

What I have done in the past is actually to put an indicator LED in the hole where wermy has the micro USB (hooked a green LED up to the banggood power boost, so I could see when it was fully charged). I also do not like the looks of the expanded holes. In one build I put the micro USB in the cartridge, I cut a hole in the top of the cartridge. In another build I actually put the micro usb in the battery compartment. Totally out of sight, and you needed to open the compartment to access it.

Check out some of Lphillimores posts, he has filled the holes a bit with Sugru, whatever that is...Check the link below to see some photos.

http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... e&start=10