[solved] Power Boost Problem

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Mario.Semiglia

[solved] Power Boost Problem

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Hey guys,

I am having a technical problem.
I did an improvement to my GBZ, I bought a 4000mah and a new case, I modified the case unglued the parts from the old GBZ and literaly paste them on the new one: everything was working perfect before. Now my power boost does not turn the blue light anymore and my gameboy doesnt get any power anymore...

When the swhitch is on the red power light blinks "low", when I pluged the batery charger the yellow light turns on. But the blue light never turns on. Because I saw that the power boost was actually charging I left it a couple of hours untill the green light turned on... after I unpluged the batery charger and turn the swicht on the red "low" light started blinking again...
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Any sugestions? Ive tried sodering the old battery again and it does the same thing... Cant explain why
Attachments
photo 2 (1).JPG
photo 2 (1).JPG (798.48 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 1 (1).JPG (881.7 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
Last edited by Mario.Semiglia on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VeteranGamer

Re: Power Boost Problem

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Mario.Semiglia wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:09 pm
Hey guys,

I am having a technical problem.
I did an improvement to my GBZ, I bought a 4000mah and a new case, I modified the case unglued the parts from the old GBZ and literaly paste them on the new one: everything was working perfect before. Now my power boost does not turn the blue light anymore and my gameboy doesnt get any power anymore...

When the swhitch is on the red power light blinks "low", when I pluged the batery charger the yellow light turns on. But the blue light never turns on. Because I saw that the power boost was actually charging I left it a couple of hours untill the green light turned on... after I unpluged the batery charger and turn the swicht on the red "low" light started blinking again...
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Any sugestions? Ive tried sodering the old battery again and it does the same thing... Cant explain why

try moving the red wire over to the 5V point on the power boost
(when i mean red wire, the wire that is coming from the powerstrip or Pi Zero)

Mario.Semiglia

Re: Power Boost Problem

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm

didnt work, I soder the enable pin to 5v nothing hapened, then I realized that I actually changed the wires of the Usb port for a heavier gaged ones. I might have shortened something there because I just unsoder the USB port and the blue light turned on! So I ll do it again. Anyways, thanks for the help