Only one button not working... newbie question

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Mario.Semiglia

Only one button not working... newbie question

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Hallo guys,

I am trying to make this work but I cant, I used 4 color wires to extend the Contrast button and the + and - buttons of this tft screen.
Menu Button works perfect, and plus button also works perfect, the only button I dont manage is the minos.
In my picture minos is the red wire. I already tried sodering an independent ground and power to that button but it wont happen anything on the screen when I press it. I used my multimetter and the electricity definetly flows when I press the button... it just doesnt do anything on the screen.
SpoilerShow
photo 4.jpg
photo 4.jpg (417.65 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
Any sugestions? thanks a lot in advance

Mario.Semiglia

Re: Only one button not working... newbie question

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:36 am

yes I did, I actually tried every single place wich my multimiter told me :roll:. On the botom right on the top up, on the lower right hole, on the top hole, I could not make that buttom to work so I even tried the left leg of the resistor :evil:.
Than I though, maybe I have something foreshortened, so passed an eraser and the result is a catastrophe, it seems that in the process of removing the actual button i pealed some of the pcb that I shouldnt, the pcb looks really messy now :oops:. I did use my multimetter to check for bridges, did not find any... anyways this is my messy pcb :oops: :oops: :oops:
SpoilerShow
ph.JPG
ph.JPG (393.74 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
still dont know what to do... :cry: