Opinions on a dual joystick setup

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Adim01

Opinions on a dual joystick setup

Post by Adim01 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 pm

So currently i am in the process of buying all the stuff i need but there is this is this one question that is bugging me. :roll:
Is a dual joystick setup worth it? :?
I grew up with the psx and n64 so it would be great to play some of those games (i know of the small compatibility list),
and i know that the old n64 controller with just one joystick was allready back then a pain in the butt or the psx controller with non.
But the placement of it in the lower left corner looks uncomfortable, but i read somewhere that it isn't that big of a deal.

The question now is if someone who allready build one with a dual setup could enlighten me. :lol:

Pingu69

Re: Opinions on a dual joystick setup

Post by Pingu69 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Pingu69 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:16 pm
I found this https://hackaday.io/project/18003-raspb ... -3-gameboy
Thank you for that I found the article very interesting withe the design and concept.
But he never mentioned how useful or how comfortable it is :(

moooarcuuuus

Post by moooarcuuuus » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:47 am

I tried it out with a THT board and soldered buttons on it. I don't find it very comfortable. I can post a picture from my board next week. Maybe it is a idea for you to test it yourself.

There are only one or two games that use two joysticks at Playstation. You can switch the joystick to left or right using the libretro menu.
Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Sleep... Game Over

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:45 am

moooarcuuuus wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:47 am
I tried it out with a THT board and soldered buttons on it. I don't find it very comfortable. I can post a picture from my board next week. Maybe it is a idea for you to test it yourself.

There are only one or two games that use two joysticks at Playstation. You can switch the joystick to left or right using the libretro menu.
Oh i didn't know you could switch them, yes tat would be wonderful if you could do that :D

Sasherz

Post by Sasherz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:29 am

I orderd the Kite board, and 4 or 5 PSP sticks (jsut in case some are dead, and for future projects).
Im defently going with one, but have a extra shell if I wanna test the two stick combo.
I dont think its worth going with two sticks, since I dont know many old games that uses them, and beside, the aiming and shooting in a FPS game would be realy akward.