Micro B USB cable stuck in tinkerboy pro micro...

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
nwycoff37

Micro B USB cable stuck in tinkerboy pro micro...

Post by nwycoff37 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:21 pm

So I stripped my own 4 wire data cable, and plugged it into my pro micro on my tinkerboy for testing. But now the damn thing won't come out. Gamepad wasn't detected during testing, so I need to plug into my computer and check it out(probably should have did this before but it did say it was pre-programmed when I bought the PCB). There was some sticky adhesive stuff when I was taking the black outer shielding off of the male plug connector, so maybe I got it on the end of the connector before plugging into the pro micro? I guess I could heat it up a little bit with my soldering iron over the female plug on the pro micro to loosen up the adhesive if that's the issue? Don't won't to damage the board.

Don't mind the janky tape job. Ripped off the other tape I had wrapped around before trying to take the plug out :lol: if I get it out, I'll have to use some super glue maybe. And also want to put thicker guage wire on it.

I guess if I really want to plug it into my computer I could just resolder it back to the USB Type A male connector, but still I want to get it out so I can replace those cables.
Attachments
IMG_20180708_220102.jpg
IMG_20180708_220102.jpg (9.36 MiB) Viewed 1802 times

Killar

Re: Micro B USB cable stuck in tinkerboy pro micro...

Post by Killar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:53 am

try using some pliers to get a good grib. sometimes those plugs are very tight. and by only using your fingers, you can't get a good grip with enough force.