First Build and PCB questions

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
huffer23

First Build and PCB questions

Post by huffer23 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:18 am

Alright everyone, I am planning on treating myself to an awesome Christmas present by building my very first Gameboy Zero. I found this board: https://www.ebay.com/itm/202482056377?ul_noapp=true has anyone used this board and what are your thoughts? I really like this board because of the built in features. I have a question for any PCB builders out there; have you thought of putting in solder points next to the ABXY buttons, as well as next to the d-pad, where you can solder in small LED’s so you can have glowing buttons? I would pay top dollar for a board with this feature. If you aren’t a PCB builder but know of somewhere that has this feature, please let me know. I recently found my Gameboy Advance SP and was able to power it up and play some Mario Kart. (I missed that thing so much) This Gameboy Advance SP gave me the idea of using the volume slider that’s used in that Gameboy. What would I need to do for the slider to work instead of the wheel? Also, does anyone object to me using the slider over the wheel? I understand it’s my own opinion, but if someone out there thinks I should stick cookie cutter my first build and try new things on later builds, I’m perfectly fine doing that. All support and feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance. :D
Last edited by huffer23 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

KonnorJ

Re: First Build

Post by KonnorJ » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:08 pm

That aio board is good, it is of helders design

JustPlainBill

Post by JustPlainBill » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Lol I was thinking about glowing buttons today. I had a thought that if you cast your own buttons out of resin you could cast an led right into the button. I don't know how well that will work, but I'm going to try it.

huffer23

Post by huffer23 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:56 pm

JustPlainBill wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:30 pm
Lol I was thinking about glowing buttons today. I had a thought that if you cast your own buttons out of resin you could cast an led right into the button. I don't know how well that will work, but I'm going to try it.
Please let me know how it goes. If it works, would you consider selling the buttons? I’m not sure how the market for glowing buttons is, but I’d definitely buy some!

JustPlainBill

Post by JustPlainBill » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:34 am

huffer23 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:56 pm
JustPlainBill wrote:
Please let me know how it goes. If it works, would you consider selling the buttons? I’m not sure how the market for glowing buttons is, but I’d definitely buy some!
Let me be clear, when I say I'm going to try it what I really mean is that maybe within the next 5 years I may try to do something like that if I remember.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:47 am

JustPlainBill wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:34 am
huffer23 wrote:
JustPlainBill wrote:
Let me be clear, when I say I'm going to try it what I really mean is that maybe within the next 5 years I may try to do something like that if I remember.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Follow me on instagram Image

huffer23

Post by huffer23 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:37 am

JustPlainBill wrote:
huffer23 wrote:
JustPlainBill wrote:
The good ol’ 5 year plan :lol: lmao if you happen to decide to make them within the next week, let me know.

JustPlainBill

Post by JustPlainBill » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:08 pm

huffer23 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:37 am
JustPlainBill wrote:
huffer23 wrote:

The good ol’ 5 year plan :lol: lmao if you happen to decide to make them within the next week, let me know.
Well I got excited about the idea and I figured we couldn't be the only people to ever think of led buttons so I started looking into it. This is what I found.

https://handheldlegend.com/products/gam ... led-module

huffer23

Post by huffer23 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:43 pm

JustPlainBill wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:08 pm
huffer23 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:37 am
JustPlainBill wrote:

Well I got excited about the idea and I figured we couldn't be the only people to ever think of led buttons so I started looking into it. This is what I found.

https://handheldlegend.com/products/gam ... led-module
No freaking way! That is awesome. You are the best! Thank you so much!