LED Status

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
phreaky

LED Status

Post by phreaky » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:43 am

Hi There

been searching the forum but cant find any details about this.

i own the new Kite Circuit Sword and want to add some status leds. on the wiki i found this:

i'm not really good at reading that so i was wondering if somebody already did this and has some pictures of how it looks for me :)

kite

Re: LED Status

Post by kite » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:16 am

The diagram on left and schematic on the right use the same 'NAMES' for everything, so for example to add a charge LED, you need an LED + resistor (something like 1k or 560ohm will work) and wire it like the diagram on the right, to the 'charge-' and 'charge+' pads that are shown on the pic on the left. Does that make sense?

The one pin that has 3x labels is the 'common' pin (common is NOT ground FYI) but only for the ones labelled
Stock clearance - CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12064
Kite's Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's FAQ: https://kiteretro.com/faq/

ImageImageImageImageImage

phreaky

Post by phreaky » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:17 am

kite wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:16 am
The diagram on left and schematic on the right use the same 'NAMES' for everything, so for example to add a charge LED, you need an LED + resistor (something like 1k or 560ohm will work) and wire it like the diagram on the right, to the 'charge-' and 'charge+' pads that are shown on the pic on the left. Does that make sense?

The one pin that has 3x labels is the 'common' pin (common is NOT ground FYI) but only for the ones labelled
thanks for the explanation!

Also just noticed that there are already leds on the board that do the same and i have a transparent case so i might not even need it... my bad but if i do need it the explanation is here now :D

Jormone

Post by Jormone » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:49 am

It was explained to you quite clearly. When I ask questions on various forums, the answers are not clear to me at all. I once asked how to determine the maximum operating current of the LED. But no one gave me an answer until I figured it out myself because to not burn the LED, but to get the brightness declared by the manufacturer, you need to know the maximum direct current of the LED. And to determine the maximum current, you need to connect the LED to a source of stable current of 20 mA. It would help if you also had an excellent LED driver, a stand-alone power supply in current stabilization mode. I'm so well-read, haha)