Gameboy alternative PCB

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Bolemn

Gameboy alternative PCB

Post by Bolemn » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi everyone! I've been making my Gameboy zero for a school project and has been going well. But I got some doubts about the type of PCB that I bought in AliExpress. I saw it and was cheap, and I could see on it every connection that I needed for the project but I don't know very well how to turn in on. I mean, where I can connect it to the power supply .

this is the model

€ 7,33 6%de DESCUENTO | Juego chico cero (DMG-01) 6 botones PCB junta y interruptor y Kit de conector para Raspberry Pi GBZ
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cjEOJ3Ve

Thanks for the help :D

VeteranGamer

Re: Gameboy alternative PCB

Post by VeteranGamer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Items like these you should really ask the seller...
(Cheap knockoffs/clones)

But this PCB is very basic it doesn’t need to be connected to a power source....
(It’s just a common ground PCB)

If your looking for a AIO (all in one) type PCB...
Then please check out the sudomod market place
I appreciate some may be on a budget but for a little as just an extra $10 or so you can buy a AIO type PCB or even less for a similar common ground PCB that you’ll get full support for (within reason) and that hasn’t been copied from anyone (again within reason)

Good luck with your build....

(little life lesson: if a seller isn’t willing to provide any technical support, no matter how CHEAP an item might be DON'T buy it.... especially if you don’t know what your doing)

Bolemn

Re: Gameboy alternative PCB

Post by Bolemn » Fri May 24, 2019 11:50 am

Thank you very much for your reply, finally I did that you told me. I have now a tinkerboy pcb.