Tinkerboy Problem

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Bolemn

Tinkerboy Problem

Post by Bolemn » Fri May 24, 2019 11:58 am

Hello, I finally finished with my entire Gameboy zero build.

I used a tinkerboy v.3.0.1 pcb and a gpio adaptor v.1.1 for the screen and the raspberry.

I can see the screen and run the program, but my problem stars when the screen shows me a message like this: "no gamepad detected".

I have read in some forums that the issue it's probably on the program that I have in my raspberry, but I downloaded it from the official page totally modificated to run my screen and the controls.

I have done all good because I can see with the screen gpio adaptor and I can find voltage in the wires and pcb.

Maybe the system doesn't recognize the USB ports? Because the pcb controls works like an USB.

Thanks for the attention and I hope some help to solve this situation! 😊

infinitLoop

Re: Tinkerboy Problem

Post by infinitLoop » Fri May 24, 2019 12:12 pm

Bolemn wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:58 am
Maybe the system doesn't recognize the USB ports? Because the pcb controls works like an USB.
yes, that sounds like the most likely issue. do you have a usb port wired to it, and does that work? if you can remote into it, you can type "lsusb" at the prompt and see if it registers the board (if there is just one result, that is the pi's usb, so it is not seeing the board).

Bolemn

Post by Bolemn » Fri May 24, 2019 3:34 pm

I have an USB attached to it, but is in the pcb that the raspberry doesn't detect so... I thought to use a female-female wire to connect my keyboard to the pi zero through a micro USB wire and see the code. This could work?

infinitLoop

Post by infinitLoop » Fri May 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Bolemn wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:34 pm
I have an USB attached to it, but is in the pcb that the raspberry doesn't detect so... I thought to use a female-female wire to connect my keyboard to the pi zero through a micro USB wire and see the code. This could work?
I'm not really sure what you mean, but you should be connecting the USB d+ and d- from the pi to the tinkerboy board, along with a 5v/ground from somewhere. That should be the only USB device you have connected at the pi, or it won't be able to recognize it. And then you can wire a female USB connector to one of the available ones on the tinkerboy board. If you do that, then you can plug a keyboard directly into that, and it should pick it up, if the connections are all successful.

but... if you don't have the option to plug the keyboard in, and you can get onto the pi from wi fi, then running "lsusb" at the prompt will tell you what usb devices are there. if it's one, and it's a "root hub" or something to that effect, then that's just the pi, and your connection to the board is probably no good.

Bolemn

Post by Bolemn » Thu May 30, 2019 2:51 am

Thanks for the help! I have been working in the issue with your indication. The Key word in the command menu showed me that there was a mistake in the wiring data system. I connected a micro-usb wire directly to the raspberry and the controls started to work!!

Thank you very much for your support and help, without it i couldn`t get this achieve!

Hugs for everyone! ^^