Circuit Sword Back Buttons Wiring?

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
JonnyT

Circuit Sword Back Buttons Wiring?

Post by JonnyT » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:56 pm

I need some help finishing off my GBZ build.
I have everything working great. The only thing I don't have working yet are the two buttons on the back (I went for just the L1 and R1 options)
I'm struggling to figure out how to wire them up. Can someone give me some help? Preferably with lots of pictures and crayon illustrations as wiring is not something I have a great deal of experience with.

rodocop

Re: Circuit Sword Back Buttons Wiring?

Post by rodocop » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:11 pm

You're using the circuit sword? Does it not just include a back button board and some wires with connectors? Solder the wires to the back button PCB (L1, R1, and Ground), and then connect that to the USB/HDMI PCB, it should have a labelled connector.

JonnyT

Post by JonnyT » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:44 pm

rodocop wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:11 pm
You're using the circuit sword? Does it not just include a back button board and some wires with connectors? Solder the wires to the back button PCB (L1, R1, and Ground), and then connect that to the USB/HDMI PCB, it should have a labelled connector.
I'm not using the back button board. I had already bought a pre-cut shell that included some buttons and a 3d printed bracket. I just need to know how to wire them up.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Use the existing wires that came from kites build for the shoulder buttons. Check out this pic from wermy's original guide.

https://sudomod.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... .08.53.jpg

The grey wires are ground, while the blue are the signal wires. I would use the existing wiring that came with kites board though, since it has the connector. If I recall, the wiring provided is yellow, red and black. Yellow to one button, red to the other, and black to one button, which bridges across to the second.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:19 pm

Check the picture, you could use those wires seen there circled in blue. (they are labelled L1 and L2 on the PCB, but that doesn't matter). Alternatively you could use the wiring meant for the connector on the other end, it is labelled as R1 and R2, but again that doesn't matter since you'll just map the controls in emulationstation anyway.
SpoilerShow
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (68.3 KiB) Viewed 2844 times

JonnyT

Post by JonnyT » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:14 am

rodocop wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:19 pm
Check the picture, you could use those wires seen there circled in blue. (they are labelled L1 and L2 on the PCB, but that doesn't matter). Alternatively you could use the wiring meant for the connector on the other end, it is labelled as R1 and R2, but again that doesn't matter since you'll just map the controls in emulationstation anyway.
SpoilerShow
Capture.JPG
Thank you so much for your help. I'm going to crack open the shell today and have a look. I'll see if I can figure it out.

I'll let you know how I get on.