Game Boy SP Zero

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
Nic92

Game Boy SP Zero

Post by Nic92 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:51 am

Hi, i made a GBA-SP zero firstly with TFT Montor (3,5") wired with RCA, now i switched to the SPI Monitor (Waveshare 3.2 LCD (C) HighSPI) .
Now it works but when i play games i have continuos lags, when i was using TFT Monitor i had not lags.
I used official Waveshare drivers, i think the problem of lags are this drivers.
I see in other topic that people use the juj drivers, can someone tell me what i must write in the "cmake [options] .." to install it with this display?
Thanks

infinitLoop

Re: Game Boy SP Zero

Post by infinitLoop » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:10 am

Nic92 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:51 am
Hi, i made a GBA-SP zero firstly with TFT Montor (3,5") wired with RCA, now i switched to the SPI Monitor (Waveshare 3.2 LCD (C) HighSPI) .
Now it works but when i play games i have continuos lags, when i was using TFT Monitor i had not lags.
I used official Waveshare drivers, i think the problem of lags are this drivers.
I see in other topic that people use the juj drivers, can someone tell me what i must write in the "cmake [options] .." to install it with this display?
Thanks
i haven't tried with that waveshare one, but this is assuming it's supported, and it's hooked up with the methods in the forums here, using the spi pins in the middle of the gpio (including 24, 25) - it sounds like it is if you got it working on that other driver...

here are all the steps including the cmake for a pi0 (set the display rotate to OFF if you mounted it the other way):

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/juj/fbcp-ili9341.git

cd fbcp-ili9341; mkdir build; cd build

cmake -DARMV6Z=ON -DILI9341=ON -DSPI_BUS_CLOCK_DIVISOR=6 -DGPIO_TFT_DATA_CONTROL=24 -DGPIO_TFT_RESET_PIN=25 -DSTATISTICS=0 -DDISPLAY_ROTATE_180_DEGREES=ON ..

make -j

it's a little different if you are using a different pi like a 2/3 a/b/etc.

fwiw, i've had much better performance with it on the older os in retropie 4.3 than with 4.4, but it might have been the screens i was trying it with or something else.