Null2 Acrylic Case & Retropie

Having trouble with your GBZ build? Ask your questions here!
superbuzz

Null2 Acrylic Case & Retropie

Post by superbuzz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:41 am

I built up a GB Null2 and got the acrylic bits off wermy (thanks!) but having some minor issues:

1) Once I'm in the wifi config menu there's no way for me to select an option - I can move the highlighted select thing up and down, but "A" doesn't work to confirm the option anymore....and I can't exit the menu either...all buttons except direction buttons don't seem to work anymore...have to shutdown/restart to get out of the menu. Buttons work otherwise (eg playing gameboy games)

2) Acrylic case wise, I glued it up (solvent-ed it up?). After the solvent is applied I noticed the acrylic developed cracks. Some of the smaller pieces like the buttons had some cracks straight out of the box, but the larger body pieces definitely didn't, but definitely did AFTER I used the solvent on them.

Where did I go wrong?

Also, after taping the pieces together (body pieces) in prep for gluing, once the solvent is applied, it soaked along the tape and melted the sides, now I'm left with a rough surface along the sides where the tape was. This is purely a cosemetic issue...but is there anything I can do to fix it? If I sand it it'll become frosted...ideally I would want to restore it as close to the laser cut edge as possible.
Long shot I know. On the other hand ... cosmetic issue... I can live with it.

What could I do next time to avoid the solvent wicking along the tape? Is there a technique that I missed?

Pictures of the acrylic attached....
Attachments
rough4.jpg
rough4.jpg (941.34 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
rough3.jpg
rough3.jpg (336.85 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
rough2.jpg
rough2.jpg (619.95 KiB) Viewed 1592 times
rough1.jpg
rough1.jpg (286.4 KiB) Viewed 1592 times

nexus23k

Re: Null2 Acrylic Case & Retropie

Post by nexus23k » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi, Start button is A in menü. Test it out!