Card reader Problem

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
Mario.Semiglia

Card reader Problem

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:26 pm

Hallo people,

I really need some advice here,

I will try to explain my problem as short and precise as I can

step 1) I used a 1.0uF capacitor as wermy did on his guide

my card reader did not work at all, I put the sd card on the extention and nothing happend, Ive puted the micro sd card on the pi and it did not boot as well!!! :o :o :o The pi does boot again when I desoder the card reader extention with the same micro sd card as before :oops: :oops: :oops:

Step 2) :idea: I change the capacitor and put a 0,33nF instead
The reason why I did so is because I thought that the 1.0uF capacitor might be too big for the system and that voltage could stop flowing
capacitor.jpg
capacitor.jpg (60.25 KiB) Viewed 2531 times
Ive got the same result us before :(
IMG-20170111-WA0000.jpeg
IMG-20170111-WA0000.jpeg (684.93 KiB) Viewed 2531 times
3) Ive soder the micro sd adapter directly too the pi and got the same mistake :?
I do not understand why my micro sd card does not boot even when pluged directly on the pi (when my card reader is wired to it, when i desoder the extender the micro sd boots again normally)

Just for info...
I did check minimum twice all my wires with a multimiter...
but I am using kind of strong cables... should I use light ones?????

I really do not have any idea what I should do but this is a feature I really want to have in my project and mostly I am so angry that I can not make it work that it became something PERSONAL :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thank you very much for reading the post
I would really apreciate some advice
Happy new year!!!