How to test Control PCB

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
mwass

How to test Control PCB

Post by mwass » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:52 pm

I know that im posting a lot but I was wondering how to test Helders Control PCB. I do not have another GBZ to test it with so I was wondering how to test its functionality on a mac or pc

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: How to test Control PCB

Post by Helder » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Get a used USB cable with male end and solder the wires to the top right hand connector that says "USB from Pi Zero" and plug it in to the PC/MAC. On Windows you will need to install the sparkfun drivers though since it uses it's bootloader files, the links are in the All In One thread's first post.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

mwass

Post by mwass » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:41 am

Helder wrote:Get a used USB cable with male end and solder the wires to the top right hand connector that says "USB from Pi Zero" and plug it in to the PC/MAC. On Windows you will need to install the sparkfun drivers though since it uses it's bootloader files, the links are in the All In One thread's first post.

Where exactly does it say that? I cant find it on the pcb or teensy (I have the red PCB) also is there a way to test it by hooking it up through the teensy? Plug in the micro usb into the computer?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:09 pm

mwass wrote:
Helder wrote:Get a used USB cable with male end and solder the wires to the top right hand connector that says "USB from Pi Zero" and plug it in to the PC/MAC. On Windows you will need to install the sparkfun drivers though since it uses it's bootloader files, the links are in the All In One thread's first post.

Where exactly does it say that? I cant find it on the pcb or teensy (I have the red PCB) also is there a way to test it by hooking it up through the teensy? Plug in the micro usb into the computer?
Whoops I thought you had the All in One board, once you connect them both up you can plug it into a PC (the teensy connected to the controller board) and open up a text editor. The button presses should type letters out.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

mwass

Post by mwass » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:42 pm

Helder wrote:
mwass wrote:

Whoops I thought you had the All in One board, once you connect them both up you can plug it into a PC (the teensy connected to the controller board) and open up a text editor. The button presses should type letters out.
And if it doesnt?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:46 pm

Then you probably didn't program the Teensy correctly. A plain button pcb should work without issues but if the teensy isn't programmed correctly then nothing is going to work.

I don't have experience with the Teensy so best to let someone who does answer your questions about it.