Use a C.H.I.P instead of the RPi 0 ?

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
xne0n

Use a C.H.I.P instead of the RPi 0 ?

Post by xne0n » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi everyone :mrgreen: ,

I'm at the beginning of the build of my Game Boy Zero , and I'm wondering if the C.H.I.P from the company name Next Thing CO , wasn't a good alternative to the RPi 0. :?: :roll:
The C.H.I.P can be very small as the RPi 0 if you desolder the connector and the pin header , he as built-in Wifi and Bluetooth, audio/composite jack, he even can be directly supply be a 3.7V battery and charge it while it's plugging with microUSB, it's also a little bit more powerful than the RPi 0.

But the problem is there are'nt good software for retro playing, I do not know if he can support custom teensy gamepad.

What do you guys think ? if there is a Retropie OS like for C.H.I.P, it would become the perfect board right ? :P
kiwipichip2.jpg
kiwipichip2.jpg (128.23 KiB) Viewed 3102 times

Racerboy

Re: Use a C.H.I.P instead of the RPi 0 ?

Post by Racerboy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:42 am

It should support the Teensy should you not choose to use its I/O pins for controls.

Definitely a valid, perhaps superior option if Emulation Station comes out for it. Unfortunately, there is no current build that supports it and probably won't be for a long time.