LCD Board positioning

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
mike_louisxvi

LCD Board positioning

Post by mike_louisxvi » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:48 pm

Hey everybody, I have a question about what you all think of the positioning of this board:
IMG_0498.JPG
IMG_0498.JPG (2.36 MiB) Viewed 2801 times
The ribbon forces the board pretty much to the far left. I cant move it because the ribbon is kind of "Z"-like, so even slightly moving it more to the right puts pressure on the ribbon itself, which I don't want to damage.

To those who have gone through this project: does it look like my board will be in the way of major components that wont be able to work around it? I am using a NON all-in-one pcb, meaning that I need to wire up the audio with the low pass filter and the teensy, which doesnt seem like it would be in the way anyway. I considered placing the screen upside down, but then the board would likely be in the way of the raspberry pi, which seems worse.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. I appreciate all of the help that I have found on these boards.

chaosratt

Re: LCD Board positioning

Post by chaosratt » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:18 pm

So what I ended up doing was cutting @wermy 's board in two to allow my LCD board to fit with a teeny bit of slack so it wasn't all bunched up. It was also installed upside down (which turned out to not be needed anyway, but the hotglue was already done!)