USB Port Problems

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
htbrdd

USB Port Problems

Post by htbrdd » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:31 pm

So I have my GBZ working but I'am trying to get the usb port that I have added working so I can plug in a usb hub. The teensy is wired to the ports on the back of the raspberry pi zero and working. But anytime I add the usb port to that it either resets the pi zero or lights up the usb for one second and nothing else. Power is wired to the powerboost and tested with a meter. Where else can I wire the usb? Thanks

Pirate

Re: USB Port Problems

Post by Pirate » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:11 am

could you take a picture of your build so we can see the wiring? there might be a bridge somewhere

matt13

Post by matt13 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:31 am

Hello there,

i have the same Probleme like the threadstarter.. and don´t won't to make a new thread, hope this is okay.
I can´t use my USB Hub. The controls with the teensy doesn´t work when i connect it with the hub.

When i connect it with the Pi Zero it works. The Teensy LC gets his power from the power strip.

I have tried the fix http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1345 (well it don´t look good but it should work...)

Have anyone another Idea?

Lpoolm

Post by Lpoolm » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:14 am

I had so many USB problems on my second build! In the end I had an extra pi so built up on that and added one thing at a time.
The usb pads on the pi you connect to, the green /white connections remove the wires from them give a good clean on the pi to check no shorts, this was my issue would have sworn there was no bridge!!
Also wire your hub back up and plug into a pc to check that it still works.
One last thing, the usbs you removed from the hub check underneath the no solder has seeped through and bridged.
I know it's so annoying being stuck on one last bit going around in circles but keep going you will beat it!!
Check out my modding and repair channel of retro and modern consoles:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFz7yW ... GtQ/videos