Audio struggle with stereo signal and mono amp

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
tinkerBOY

Re: Audio struggle with stereo signal and mono amp

Post by tinkerBOY » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:44 am

Kharmeleon wrote:
Mon May 23, 2016 12:08 pm
wermy wrote:
ktechelonbreak wrote: 1) Have the pot after the amp output. This will only give mono sound to both headphone jack and speaker.
Yep, this is what I did. You only get mono in headphones, but I never wind up using that so I didn't mind. The pot controls the volume on both headphone jack and speaker.

You can still get stereo out when plugged into HDMI, though.
Sorry for the long wait. I just came back from vacations. Thanks for your help. I will try it out. I know you only get mono but can i get both sides to get to come out from the speaker/headphones? Can i merge de audio signals by connecting them? I do not want to miss left or right side. :roll:
Yes you can output the mono sound to the left and right ouput of the headphone jack. Check your jack at http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=701

and just solder/connect both your left ang right output.
New! tinkerBOY PowerSwitch v1.0 with Safe Shutdown
Game Boy Zero Controllers available @ tinkerBOY.xyz * Support
tinkerBOY Controller v3.0 - built-in usb controller, usb audio, and usb hub
tinkerBOY Controller v2.0 - GPIO buttons and builtin PWM Audio and Amplifier
tinkerBOY Controller v1.1 - simple pcb button
* DPI Adapter - better display for GBZ
* keyboard converters - IBM XT/AT Soarer's Converter | ADB to USB Converter

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Audio struggle with stereo signal and mono amp

Post by Helder » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:02 pm

My audio board is setup so stereo goes too the volume wheel and from there to the headphones where it goes to the mono amp by combining the 2 channels with 10 ohm resistor on each channel and that goes into the mono amp's input which then goes to the speaker. The headphone socket cuts out he speaker once headphones are inserted, the wheel controls both the headphones and speaker fine.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.