[HELP] No gamepad detected :(

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
SudoMod

[HELP] No gamepad detected :(

Post by SudoMod » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:21 am

Hi everyone,

I just finished the part 4 and im trying to test some games but when i boot retropie i got "no gamepad detected.." is this normal ? When i connect my computer to the teensy i got all keys working.. but why not working on retropie.. is something not finished yet ?

Thanks guys.

wermy
Site Admin

Re: [HELP] No gamepad detected :(

Post by wermy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:47 am

If it's the first time you have run RetroPie then this is normal. Hold down a button on the controller and it should walk you through setting it up.
ImageImageImageImage

SudoMod

Post by SudoMod » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:34 am

This is not working Wermy ... when i connect teensy microusb to raspberry it works. But when i disconnect the micro USB on the teensy it does not work. Hope you can help me..

SudoMod

Post by SudoMod » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:41 am

wermy wrote:If it's the first time you have run RetroPie then this is normal. Hold down a button on the controller and it should walk you through setting it up.
First time i boot up retropie it told "no gamepad detected" then when i plug microusb of teensy on the raspberry it detects..

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:48 am

The teensy has to be connected via USB. You can use the pads on the back of the Teensy (D-/D+ along with the VUSB and GND pads) to connect it directly without a USB cord. In the final guide we'll be doing that through a USB hub.
ImageImageImageImage

SudoMod

Post by SudoMod » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:06 am

wermy wrote:The teensy has to be connected via USB. You can use the pads on the back of the Teensy (D-/D+ along with the VUSB and GND pads) to connect it directly without a USB cord. In the final guide we'll be doing that through a USB hub.
So that's normal. Thanks

Altreis

Post by Altreis » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:26 pm

SudoMod wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:06 am
wermy wrote:The teensy has to be connected via USB. You can use the pads on the back of the Teensy (D-/D+ along with the VUSB and GND pads) to connect it directly without a USB cord. In the final guide we'll be doing that through a USB hub.
So that's normal. Thanks
I all,

I test this but it doesn't work.
I check my connection and the teensy, all is OK. The teensy works on my computer but no on pi.

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:08 am

I had this same problem with my aio board. Try cutting up a usb cable and just connect the green and white to teensy and then plug in directly to the usb port on the pi. That worked for me. I also powered the board separate from the pi.