Wiring a Sega 6-button Arcade stick to 8bidDo's DIY Board

Hardware-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized hardware categories go here.
WoodMill

Wiring a Sega 6-button Arcade stick to 8bidDo's DIY Board

Post by WoodMill » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:44 am

I had this brilliant idea to use an 8bitDo's SNES board to convert my old 6-button Sega Arcade stick to bluetooth.

Everything worked in theory. Now I'm trying to figure out why I can't power it on.

I had soldered the ground from Sega board to the ground of the SNES board. Then I soldered the Start button to the start button.

Now, what I thought was going to happen was that the SNES board would turn on when the start button was pressed on the Sega board. It does not.

I tested continually, and it's a loop. I did some other tests, and found that when the Ground wire is soldered to the sega board, it won't turn on. Even if I take a jumper wire and connect the connections direction on the SNES board.

So I'm no electrical person, but my thought is that the Sega board must be "sucking" power from the starter. Like it just can't get enough juice to boot up.

Am I correct in that thinking? Any idea how to fix it. Really wish 8Bitdo had an actual power switch on it. Would have been much simpler.

Here's a photo for reference. Not really pointing anything out on it specifically.
2018-09-07 13.35.25.jpg
2018-09-07 13.35.25.jpg (3.68 MiB) Viewed 4947 times
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds

WoodMill

Re: Wiring a Sega 6-button Arcade stick to 8bidDo's DIY Board

Post by WoodMill » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Nevermind. I figured it out. All I had to do was remove the chip from the Sega board. Pretty awesome to be playing wirelessly with a controller I grew up playing countless hours with back in the 90's. Was the ultimate controller for Street Fighter.
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds