[SOLVED] Trying to make a sd card clone without taking the sd card out of the GBZ

Software-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized software categories go here.
Mario.Semiglia

Re: Trying to make a sd card clone without taking the sd card out of the GBZ

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:34 am

So, method you guys told me definitely works. The micro sd addapter was getting the information, but it takes to much time and I dont have the patient to leave my GBZ pluged in more than four hours when I touch it and feel that is overheating :roll:
after the command dd with the 1M took forever as well, I guess this method would work for someone with a smaller micro SD cart... I tried making an image of the micro SD cart after 4 hours of leaving the pi doing it thing and it didnt boot.
So the method works but I wouldnt recommend it for some one with a micro sd bigger than 8G (please correct me on the comments if I am wrong).
So I ordered a ribbon cable and i will make some modifications to my case in order to reach the micro sd card without having to open the case.

Thank you very much for your help guys!

Mario.Semiglia

Re: [solved]Trying to make a sd card clone without taking the sd card out of the GBZ

Post by Mario.Semiglia » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:45 am

here is the Ribbon cable if you re interested:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B072NL ... UTF8&psc=1
and a picture:
the black plastic case can be really easily opened! thanks to Rodocop for the idea! :mrgreen:
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (11.64 KiB) Viewed 6764 times

YaYa

Re: [SOLVED] Trying to make a sd card clone without taking the sd card out of the GBZ

Post by YaYa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:25 am

moved the thread to the software section of the forum :D
Follow me on instagram Image