Certain ROMs not showing up

Software-related questions that don't fit into any of the specialized software categories go here.
gambino37

Certain ROMs not showing up

Post by gambino37 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:20 pm

I have one MintyPi that Wermy built and I put ROMs on and Mike Tyson's Punch Out shows up on. I just built another one and burned the image myself and added ROMs myself again. This time Mike Tyson's Punch Out does not show up in the game list. I'm only using that rom as an example of course. I'm not sure which other ones aren't showing up either. What would cause this? I know the file is good. It's the same file used on both machines. Any suggestions?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Certain ROMs not showing up

Post by Helder » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:47 pm

Did a restart of the Emulation station? and did you do that fix for the permissions on the problem with the themes?
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8158#p75187
Might be connected to this.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

gambino37

Post by gambino37 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:53 pm

Restarted emulation station yes, didn't do the permission thing. I'll try that.

infinitLoop

Post by infinitLoop » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:36 am

gambino37 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:20 pm
I have one MintyPi that Wermy built and I put ROMs on and Mike Tyson's Punch Out shows up on. I just built another one and burned the image myself and added ROMs myself again. This time Mike Tyson's Punch Out does not show up in the game list. I'm only using that rom as an example of course. I'm not sure which other ones aren't showing up either. What would cause this? I know the file is good. It's the same file used on both machines. Any suggestions?
There’s a setting in the start menu / other settings for “parse gameslist only” - could that be it? I think if that’s on, it won’t scan for new roms.

gambino37

Post by gambino37 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:40 am

That's off. Found that one right away.

gambino37

Post by gambino37 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:41 am

It's weird. If I do like a mass drag and drop from FileZilla some don't show up, but the same games that don't show up during a mass upload will show up if I load them one by one. Maybe it's just something getting tweaked during a mass upload.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:46 am

I use a different ftp program and never had an issue maybe that could be the problem. Also try using a scraper to get a game list generated.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.