[SUPPORT] Kite's Super AIO Support Thread

ltpitt

Re: [SUPPORT] Kite's Super AIO Support Thread

Post by ltpitt » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:26 pm

arussellsaw wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:12 am
Has anyone here gotten pico8 working? i can't seem to get the buttons to work.
Hi there!

I am having the same problem...

I also get bad resolution (not pixel perfect, clearly), super fast audio but, above all, buttons now working :(

All works perfectly on my Raspberry 3 with normal Retropie so it must be SuperAIO related...

kite

Post by kite » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:40 am

The SAIO input is a "gamepad" and not a "keyboard" so that is the issue, so by googling it i found:

http://pico-8.wikia.com/wiki/Controller ... ontrollers

So follow that and post your settings! You should be able to use their app thing for windows by powering off the SAIO and plugging it in by USB. Otherwise you could look in any of the /opt/retropie/configs/all/* config file and using those (because that's what ES wrote in the first place)

ltpitt

Post by ltpitt » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:56 pm

You're amazing, Kite!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...
This page did the trick for me:
https://bbs.nextthing.co/t/guide-to-wri ... tchip/8757

Here's the line I've added to /home/pi/.lexaloffle/pico-8/sdl_controllers.txt:
03000000412300003680000001010000,Arduino LLC Arduino Leonardo,platform:Linux,x:b2,a:b1,b:b0,y:b3,back:b5,start:b4,dpleft:h0.8,dpdown:h0.4,dpright:h0.2,dpup:h0.1

Now if I only could fix the ultra-speed music :P :D

kite

Post by kite » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:22 am

ltpitt wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:56 pm
You're amazing, Kite!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...
This page did the trick for me:
https://bbs.nextthing.co/t/guide-to-wri ... tchip/8757

Here's the line I've added to /home/pi/.lexaloffle/pico-8/sdl_controllers.txt:
03000000412300003680000001010000,Arduino LLC Arduino Leonardo,platform:Linux,x:b2,a:b1,b:b0,y:b3,back:b5,start:b4,dpleft:h0.8,dpdown:h0.4,dpright:h0.2,dpup:h0.1

Now if I only could fix the ultra-speed music :P :D
Awesome! You should post on that forum asking about the fast music, I'm sure there is a fix.. if you mention that it is on a Pi using retropie that's all they need to know (it being a SAIO won't make a difference as this is a software thing only). If you fix it please let me know and i'll put all this info on the wiki for others :)

starmagoo

Post by starmagoo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:51 am

Does anyone know a cable like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FPV-Mic ... 20ceeb638a one or a way to get the Mini HDMI port out of GameBoy Zero? I have a v0.6c board.

fdeluxe

Post by fdeluxe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:51 pm

I have a very strange bevaviour: Everytime I push my joystick all the way up the red 3.3V LED(3.3V OK) lights up. When I hold the joystick in this position for a couple of seconds the blue WIFI ON/OFF LED lights up and the board eventually shuts itself down.

I have one of the older saio's where the wifi module was soldered onto the board. I removed it, so I could access the USB DM/DP pads. I hope I did not break my board :(

I just hooked up the board to my PC for testing (no raspberry pi attached). The board gets recognized and the joystick actually works.

edit: I guess it had something to do with to power button not connected

kite

Post by kite » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:06 am

fdeluxe wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:51 pm
I have a very strange bevaviour: Everytime I push my joystick all the way up the red 3.3V LED(3.3V OK) lights up. When I hold the joystick in this position for a couple of seconds the blue WIFI ON/OFF LED lights up and the board eventually shuts itself down.

I have one of the older saio's where the wifi module was soldered onto the board. I removed it, so I could access the USB DM/DP pads. I hope I did not break my board :(

I just hooked up the board to my PC for testing (no raspberry pi attached). The board gets recognized and the joystick actually works.

edit: I guess it had something to do with to power button not connected
With the older boards I recall something weird like that happening, the power switching signal was very sensitive and some kind of weird series of actions when plugged in to USB only (as in to flash the arduino) and if you moved joystick all the way it would disconnect the USB to PC briefly.. but when used in game on the SAIO itself it didn't have this issue.. sounds like your issue is solved now you have power switch in? But it hopefully shouldn't happen when using the SAIO but may if you are just trying to test it out on the PC only

fdeluxe

Post by fdeluxe » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 am

kite wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:06 am
With the older boards I recall something weird like that happening, the power switching signal was very sensitive and some kind of weird series of actions when plugged in to USB only (as in to flash the arduino) and if you moved joystick all the way it would disconnect the USB to PC briefly.. but when used in game on the SAIO itself it didn't have this issue.. sounds like your issue is solved now you have power switch in? But it hopefully shouldn't happen when using the SAIO but may if you are just trying to test it out on the PC only
Yes, it works now! It really was the not-installed power button wich caused the problem. For a moment I feared I had to ditch the joystick on my build :D

Metallicis

Post by Metallicis » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:02 pm

After searching this thread and the manual/wiki, I am unable to find a solution to my problem. I am using the .6 version and have two main issues:

1. My screen is displaying everything fine, but is flashing/flickering
2. It will NOT display anything on the screen if a battery is plugged in, if there is no battery and plugged straight in the above issue occurs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

kite

Post by kite » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:59 pm

Metallicis wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:02 pm
After searching this thread and the manual/wiki, I am unable to find a solution to my problem. I am using the .6 version and have two main issues:

1. My screen is displaying everything fine, but is flashing/flickering
2. It will NOT display anything on the screen if a battery is plugged in, if there is no battery and plugged straight in the above issue occurs.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi, show some pics of your soldering, and also of your battery/connector. When on and flickering, does the small IC to the LEFT of the display connector get hot (it's literally right next to the connector)