Question regarding PayPal and International Shipping

Get help with products you purchased from forum members here!
Dividion

Question regarding PayPal and International Shipping

Post by Dividion » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:08 pm

This question is for the PayPal sellers here.

I just opened my shop and had set up international shipping rates for a few countries within PayPal. I made the wrong assumption that PayPal would avoid processing for any countries that I didn't specify. Of course that wasn't the case, so an order came through with $0.00 charged for shipping.

Doing some digging, it looks like PayPal used to have an option where you could block certain countries (as a means of fraud prevention). The posts regarding that were years old. It looks like that option was removed, and the only current options are:
- Block all foreign countries
- Block all foreign currencies
- Block all non-US accounts

That doesn't seem nearly flexible enough. How do you guys handle international payments? Do you allow all countries and just refund any that are for territories you don't feel comfortable with? Or do you know of a way to limit the list of approved shipping destinations? I can't imagine anyone going through that list and setting up shipping rates for all countries.

Right now I've turned on the setting to have all foreign countries blocked, but I really don't want to keep it that way.

Thanks!
Check out my store for GBZ boards and accessories: http://pocketadventures.com