New members, introduce yourself!

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
danisdb

Re: New members, introduce yourself!

Post by danisdb » Sun May 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi whats up, Im daniel (24) and im from Spain, I discovered this website and Wermy channel this past week and during entire week i read a lot and discovered this fantastic world, I love electronics since i was a child, reapairing and disassembly a lot of consoles smartphones and stuff like that since 12, I have a bit experience with arduino but never i tried with RBp so im relatively new in this xd.
Now im going to start with Picicle project because is in stock now but im very excited for next batches of mintypi and circuit sword Gameboy

Thank you for the amazing work people do here!

hyperjoule

Post by hyperjoule » Tue May 21, 2019 10:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been around for quite a while, mostly just lurking and not posting. I'm pretty active in the retropie-handheld group, and lately on discord -- just wanted to offer a cheery wave.

I'm a developer who tinkers with electronics and retropie systems :)

4kb

Post by 4kb » Fri May 31, 2019 12:01 am

Hello,

I have been in the handheld scene for a long time (still have my old Tapwave Zodiacs and Gamepark handhelds... All got ruined due to an AC going out in our storage unit though) took a break and some time to grow up and found myself getting into this new scene which has developed. Long are the days of Palm OS devices sadly but RBPi stuff has it's appeal, I can't lie. Though I really enjoy handhelds for their limitations and original games, I've always been keen on emulation, actually it's what led me to fall in love with Neo Geo games in the first place.

Though these days I mostly just play boring puzzle games, I really enjoy tinkering with handhelds and old computers for their sound chips and graphic output. I may have been born in the early 90s but the demo scene and has always been fascinating so I eat that up all day.

So last year during my break helping sell the old family house, I found my old gameboy and instead of trying to find old Amigas I found myself buying a bunch of old gameboys and modding them. And from friends request, I got curious about Gameboy Zeros and found this place. Lately, on a whim, I got some Gaboze Pocaio 2 boards (all three are almost done!) and will probably be lurking for info and asking for help.

Hope to make some more devices in the future but for now I just want to finish these Gabozes and lurk. Seems to be a lot of information here to read through!

Cheers,
-4kb

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri May 31, 2019 2:15 am

Welcome, there are tons of info here so do alot of searching as it's likely here in a thread. Head to our Discord channel to chat live with the majority of our members and staff.
My Sale Threads:

Retro PSU, 3.5A output!

Chat with me and other members

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). Don't contact me about any of my boards if they are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them.

Don't support thieves like ckliang who copied my AIO to resell and is now cloning the mintyPi, support the original creators and not the thieves!

ghostcafe

Post by ghostcafe » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:39 pm

Hi everyone!

I’ve been lurking for a bit, I bought a Circuit Sword from Kite last summer, but I’m only just now getting to work on truly building the thing. I haven’t posted at all but already through reading a lot of older posts I’ve learned a lot! I’ve also purchased a few parts from other members on here, like Helder’s battery and HoolyHoo’s screen bracket.

I have very little experience doing stuff like this. Last spring, I put together a little RetroPie console, and a couple months later I did a 101 screen swap into a original Game Boy Advance. I haven’t played with either one as much as I thought I would, but I’m super excited about this Circuit Sword build.

Looking forward to learning and doing more while I’m here!

Alexthatonedude

Post by Alexthatonedude » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:47 am

Hi I’m Alex that one dude, I’m new to electronics but always have fascinated since I first seen a mini diy computer I wish to excel and build my own mintypi, and this looks like a friendly community to gets some help and advice for beginners By someone who knows this field