LiPo batteries

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
yumi

LiPo batteries

Post by yumi » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:19 pm

For several of my projects, I'm going to develop a 5v backup power supply. I have a total of 12 Lipo batteries(https://www.apogeeweb.net/electron/the- ... tery.html ), each with a 10Ah capacity. All of the cells are brand new and have been charged and discharged five times. So I wired them all up in series (1S12P; 3.7v, 120Ah) and used a boost converter to reach 5v.
Now the problem is that when I charge the battery pack, it only goes up to 4.04 4.06 volts. The charger would charge for hours and hours at 500-700mA. The battery voltage, on the other hand, does not arise. It isn't the charger's fault. I've tried two other chargers and they both have the same result. I also tried unplugging and charging the boost circuit, but it didn't work. If I charge each battery independently, though, they quickly reach 4.20 volts.
I can't charge each cell individually every time I need to charge the pack, as you might expect. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in this situation. I've read the battery instructions, but I still don't understand why I can't fully charge the battery pack when it's in 1S12P.