ThePiHut Raspberry Pi possible new stock on Mon 16th

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
MattTheHuman

ThePiHut Raspberry Pi possible new stock on Mon 16th

Post by MattTheHuman » Thu May 12, 2016 5:45 am

Nothing has been confirmed, but @RaspberryPi and @ThePiHut are hinting along the lines that there will be new stock on Monday.
https://twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/status ... 1482260481
Might be worth while keeping an eye out on their site for new stock in the next few days.

Wasn't sure if this was the right place to put this, but because it involves buying, figured it'd be the best place.

crispy_tofu

Re: ThePiHut Raspberry Pi possible new stock on Mon 16th

Post by crispy_tofu » Thu May 12, 2016 5:57 am

Actually new stock this time, not like the ones they've been selling for the last few weeks (which were old stock)? Can't wait! Thanks for sharing. :D

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Thu May 12, 2016 6:19 am

If this really is the new version, I need to get my hands on one!

Popcorn
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Popcorn » Thu May 12, 2016 7:35 am

I bet the new feature is just a bit of a bigger cpu or memory. That thing is so small, I don't think they could fit anything like sound or wifi on it. But that won't stop me from buying 2 more! haha. thanks for the heads up.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Thu May 12, 2016 8:03 am

Popcorn wrote:I bet the new feature is just a bit of a bigger cpu or memory. That thing is so small, I don't think they could fit anything like sound or wifi on it. But that won't stop me from buying 2 more! haha. thanks for the heads up.
I am excited to get my hands on a few finally.

Another source I've been using: http://rpi0.satanowski.net/ It is a tracker a guy put together to watch the store stocks. It's been useful a couple of times.

MattTheHuman

Post by MattTheHuman » Fri May 13, 2016 1:58 am

Kilren wrote:Another source I've been using: http://rpi0.satanowski.net/ It is a tracker a guy put together to watch the store stocks. It's been useful a couple of times.
I've noticed his site lately gives more false positives than actual positives, otherwise its really handy.
Plus its always been Adafruit in stock and I'm not paying nearly £25 for a Pi cause the shipping is a killer.

theking

Post by theking » Fri May 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Thats lame ThePiHut doesnt ship to Slovenia :(

Robvp

Post by Robvp » Fri May 13, 2016 5:21 pm

Popcorn wrote:I bet the new feature is just a bit of a bigger cpu or memory. That thing is so small, I don't think they could fit anything like sound or wifi on it. But that won't stop me from buying 2 more! haha. thanks for the heads up.
The zero can already output audio from the GPIO, I don't think it would be too hard to modify the pcb so it can have audio leads for people to solder their own jacks/speakers directly like they do with the composite video out

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Fri May 13, 2016 11:22 pm

Robvp wrote:
The zero can already output audio from the GPIO, I don't think it would be too hard to modify the pcb so it can have audio leads for people to solder their own jacks/speakers directly like they do with the composite video out
The only problem with having a breakout for the audio is that they will probably have to include the RC filter for it, which is adding a few components... :|