Meet and Great?

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
dirtybeagles

Meet and Great?

Post by dirtybeagles » Fri May 13, 2016 10:14 am

I know we have a ton of smart people on here from around the world. The fact that one person (wermy) can bring people together to learn off each other and help each other is great! :D

I know a ton of folks live over seas, but I thought it would be cool if one day after everyone has finished their GBZ we could have a mee up at one central location if only for a day.

I understand some people like to be anonymous but it was just a thought. :lol:

Kilren

Re: Meet and Great?

Post by Kilren » Fri May 13, 2016 9:57 pm

dirtybeagles wrote:I know we have a ton of smart people on here from around the world. The fact that one person (wermy) can bring people together to learn off each other and help each other is great! :D

I know a ton of folks live over seas, but I thought it would be cool if one day after everyone has finished their GBZ we could have a mee up at one central location if only for a day.

I understand some people like to be anonymous but it was just a thought. :lol:
Not meaning to kill ideas, but I think location will always be the greatest struggle. I get the sense most of us are adults that work also. It would be a really cool thing though if it ever happened.

Possibly redirecting this thread? Maybe a virtual meet and greet? We can use this to tell a little of ourselves that we want to share?

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri May 13, 2016 10:00 pm

Yeah this would be really fun, but as I've been reading the "Where is everyone from?" thread it seems like we are pretty well spread-out. Which is both cool and a little disappointing that something like this wouldn't be easy. :(
ImageImageImageImage

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Fri May 13, 2016 10:40 pm

To be fair no one said there had to be only one and only in one place. :)

Usually for communities as spread out as this it's conducted on a regional basis. I get the feeling there's a really strong european presence on this board though, haha.

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Sat May 14, 2016 6:40 am

Ganreizu wrote:To be fair no one said there had to be only one and only in one place. :)

Usually for communities as spread out as this it's conducted on a regional basis. I get the feeling there's a really strong european presence on this board though, haha.
I always wanted to go to Europe! Plus, there is always a Skype meeting.

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Sat May 14, 2016 7:15 am

Haha, I wonder if anyone else is in Sydney? :) :cry:

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Sat May 14, 2016 2:03 pm

I've been talking with wermy and I think a Facebook group page is in its way. That'll help bring a social aspect to those who want it.

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Sat May 14, 2016 4:41 pm

I probably won't join because I'm a cube of tofu and ineligible for Facebook, but that sounds interesting! :)

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Sat May 14, 2016 5:43 pm

crispy_tofu wrote:I probably won't join because I'm a cube of tofu and ineligible for Facebook, but that sounds interesting! :)
Oh geez! I thought you were a crouton this entire time!

As for facebook, I'll join but I'll probably not share who I am over here just to keep enough distance from unwanted contact (and I imagine that would even more important for wermy so he doesn't get overwhelmed by crazies who think they're entitled to his immediate attention).

chiz

Post by chiz » Sat May 14, 2016 6:43 pm

Kilren wrote:
crispy_tofu wrote:I probably won't join because I'm a cube of tofu and ineligible for Facebook, but that sounds interesting! :)
Oh geez! I thought you were a crouton this entire time!

As for facebook, I'll join but I'll probably not share who I am over here just to keep enough distance from unwanted contact (and I imagine that would even more important for wermy so he doesn't get overwhelmed by crazies who think they're entitled to his immediate attention).
Or get more marriage proposals :lol: